Magic Kingdom's New Hub | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom's New Hub

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 29, 2013
"The park will introduce a second ring around the current hub, providing additional walkways and dedicated viewing areas for the fireworks and parades."

[video=youtube;NWBktbaiFb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBktbaiFb8[/video]

Thoughts?

Reactions: natespf
I think it is a good idea. Here you can see them side by side:

mkhubold_zps41a2d3d9.png

mkhubnew_zps595a10a6.png

Last edited:
Definitely needed. You can definitely tell exactly how much they are taking over land wise from the moat down by Casey's/The Plaza when you look at the Plaza seating area on the current overhead shot and you can basically eat on the water now whereas in the future it'll be a park-like area.

Also, I feel this has gone a bit unnoticed/not talked about, but there are some new spires down by the Castle stage in the new overhead shot, sort of like another Castle Wall type structure. This leads me to wonder if they will be completely re-doing the stage or not, and if so, will they finally replace Dream Along with Mickey?

This is going to really help. And will look nice as long as it looks like the video. I know we all like to find negatives with WDW today, and there are plenty, but I honestly cannot find a negative about this.

What that video (and the blog post) doesn't show or mention is the Main Street Bypass which is being built as well.

This is going to really help. And will look nice as long as it looks like the video. I know we all like to find negatives with WDW today, and there are plenty, but I honestly cannot find a negative about this.

There are some Disney fanboys wining about site lines being ruined because of this :rofl:....nice to know there are people being positive

I think it's a sign of good things to come *prays for Wishes replacement*

^ bypass? Could you elaborate?

There is an unthemed area to the right of the Tony's Town Square. It leads to Tomorrowland. It is unthemed and only opened when there are HUGE crowds. This backstage area is being prepped so guests can enter without experiencing the huge crowds that may choose to go the regular route. So they can by bypass Main Street All together and enter and exit the park by going basically behind the mainstreet.

the Area from WDW Magic
Main-Street-USA_Full_19741.jpg;width=640

Last edited:
^ bypass? Could you elaborate?
Here's a depiction of what it will look like according to Martin Smith from MAGIC (marni1971)
image-jpg.47001

Basically, the backstage area used to direct guests out when it's is crazy busy is being lightly themed with greenery, lighting and period billboards and it's main purpose will be to get guests out of the park as quick as possible so that Main Street isn't as congested (and in some cases straight up dangerous).

The idea behind it is similar to Disneyland Paris' Discovery Arcade, however they kind of dropped the ball halfway and decided not to go all out with it and just make it an area that will be used to relieve congestion. This is what DLP's looks like (there's really no comparison):

Discovery_Arcade.jpg

I can see the "reserved" Fireworks section.

I don't know, I guess I understand why this is good, but It kinda makes me sad that the park will be less "park" and more concrete.

idk that i'd say it will be less of a park. Sure they are adding the outer concrete circle (which if implemented correctly will be utilized for crowd flow during fireworks, parades, etc). They ae adding new fountains, trees, sculpted gardens, etc. I just think it's all how you look at what a "park is. If you want greenery (that was largely unused), then you'll be disappointed. If you want a beautifully landscapped area with what looks like some nice new kinetic features, then this should deliver on that.

It would be nice if with this addition it made it harder to get trapped by the parade.
I hope so too. And you'd think by expanding that area, that traffic flow would improve. I would assume that the "outer" circle would be used for guests trying to bypass that area, while the "inner" would be used as the fireworks/parade viewing.

I'm really digging that Tomorrowland bypass for Main Street. When it's fireworks or parade time, maneuvering down Main Street is like hell on earth. I don't how logistically possible it is, but I'd love to see a similar bypass for Adventureland as well.

There are some Disney fanboys wining about site lines being ruined because of this :rofl:....nice to know there are people being positive

I think it's a sign of good things to come *prays for Wishes replacement*

I know. I guess I spoke too soon cause now I am reading people complaining Rose Garden may be going too. Next time, I guess I need to say to ME, I see no negatives. :)

Here's a depiction of what it will look like according to Martin Smith from MAGIC (marni1971)

Basically, the backstage area used to direct guests out when it's is crazy busy is being lightly themed with greenery, lighting and period billboards and it's main purpose will be to get guests out of the park as quick as possible so that Main Street isn't as congested (and in some cases straight up dangerous).

The idea behind it is similar to Disneyland Paris' Discovery Arcade, however they kind of dropped the ball halfway and decided not to go all out with it and just make it an area that will be used to relieve congestion. This is what DLP's looks like (there's really no comparison):

The DLP Arcades are a life saver, people forget they are there, and you can watch a parade up by the castle then zip down the arcades and exit before the parade is anywhere near the square.

Also, most of the Main St shops exit onto the arcade so you can get out of the rush when it gets a bit manic!

Double Post - Bloody work PC

Last edited:
Wow, that looks so much better. Disneyland needs a huge overhaul like that too, but doubt there's room for it. The congestion there is insane.

I'll be sad to see the rose garden go. I know there are a lot of Disney brides that will not be too happy about its elimination. Any thoughts about if/where they will add a new wedding venue in MK once the garden is bulldozed?