Magical Starlight Parade? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Magical Starlight Parade?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would Universal do a nighttime parade? They'd only be able to show it 10 out of 12 months of the year due to HHN, and that's only if they extend hours.

Then again, there is Macy's so why knows?

Macy replaces the day time parade when it is running and they don't have to store anything since it is all leased and sent back when done. But considering they have Mardi Gras which runs very select nights, I doubt Uni would shy away from a night time parade that only ran on nights that their current night time show runs.

I actually think the imperfections lend credence to the rumor. Why go to the trouble of faking this but not also a fake a picture of IPs Florida could actually use?

I actually think the imperfections lend credence to the rumor. Why go to the trouble of faking this but not also a fake a picture of IPs Florida could actually use?
Because that'd be significantly harder. Making leaks as simple as that one isn't hard at all.

If your relating to the other two in that photo, Snoopy and Elmo; i can most definitely say to you that they are NOT owned in theme park rights, by Uni/Comcast. Snoopy and his Peanuts gang's park rights is owned by the Cedar Fair corporation; as the theme park rights to Sesame Street is owned by SeaWorld's Parks & Entertainment. That's only in the United States though; as USJ has the Japanese rights to Peanuts, and both USJ/USS have the theme park rights to Sesame Street.

I think that we will get a nighttime parade soon but i'm doubting 2016. 2017 is what i'm leaning towards, especially as Fallon and F&F will be opening that year.

Reactions: Mike S
It's not as if Universal really needs Sesame Street or Peanuts for their nighttime parade

This would be a solid lineup for a nighttime (or daytime, frankly) parade
  1. Transformers
  2. Simpsons
  3. Curious George
  4. Hello Kitty
  5. Classic Hollywood (Betty Boop/Marilyn Monroe/Lucille Ball/Charlie Chaplin)
  6. Mario/Donkey Kong
  7. Pokemon
  8. Classic Monsters
  9. BTTF
  10. Illumination (Despicable Me/Secret Lives of Pets/Sing/eventual Woody Woodpecker reboot)
5 kid-friendly floats (Curious George, Mario/DK, Hello Kitty, Pokemon, Illumination), 5 appealing more to teens/adults, but also holding crossover appeal with kids (Transformers, Simpsons, classic Hollywood, Monsters, BTTF)

I too hope that embarrassment flops but hey they've been batting a hundred lately...
I guess at the box office they have. However, 3 out of the 5 films they've released have been classified as "Rotten" on RT with the 3 films being Hop (25%), The Lorax (54%) and Minions (56%).

The DM films are the only ones that have been both commercially and critically well received.

I mean, they've already had a flop with HOP, and that still somehow is the best float in the current parade. :lol:
True, the IP doesn't need to be incredibly great at the box office or have a good story to translate to a theme park. But it always helps.

I guess at the box office they have. However, 3 out of the 5 films they've released have been classified as "Rotten" on RT with the 3 films being Hop (25%), The Lorax (54%) and Minions (56%).

The DM films are the only ones that have been both commercially and critically well received.

Sadly the box office is all that matters.

Remember when the F&F announcement leaked and still had art from Hollywood's F&F? Two days later the exact same announcement posted but with the Orlando art. To me it looks like they were prepping the announcement and someone oopsed.

Remember when the F&F announcement leaked and still had art from Hollywood's F&F? Two days later the exact same announcement posted but with the Orlando art. To me it looks like they were prepping the announcement and someone oopsed.

If the picture was all that was off, I'd agree. Too many other red flags there.

We shall see. I can't imagine this being before 2017 though.

I'd love to see a parade that's actually good from Universal. Can we have a good nighttime show next?

In Japan their head of entertainment has created some fantastic shows. Blows anything Aiello has done in Orlando out of the water. Their parades, shows etc are fantastic.