Mansion, Pirates, Small World, Carpets, get FASTPASS | Inside Universal Forums

Mansion, Pirates, Small World, Carpets, get FASTPASS

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do I have to book 180 days in advance?

Well gee, I guess I'll be on the carpets at 2pm then, see ya real soon!

We were there for the opening of Magic Carpets of Aladdin

rode it only once since - no need for fastpass for us

Fastpass was removed from the Haunted Mansion because it was a terrible idea. Any omnimover attraction should not have fastpass as it greatly inflates what should be minimal waits (i.e. Buzz Lightyear). I guess that those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So I really dont understand this next gen fast pass? Is it like the qbots where you make reservations like at other parks, or is it something completely newthing?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait to have more artificially inflated wait times in Magic Kingdom!

And wasn't the point of the FLE supposed to lessen crowds from other rides and the rest of the park?

And wasn't the point of the FLE supposed to lessen crowds from other rides and the rest of the park?

The problem is its an all or nothing strategy. If you do fast pass on some but not all of your big rides those that don't know how bad it messes up the lines complain about how it's not available for those other rides.

I've never waited more than 30 minutes for any of these attractions. Let alone, even waited for the carpets or It's a Small World. This makes no sense.

What was said about artificially inflated wait times is exactly right. With the way the concept is described it is just It is just super fastpass that one pays for.

Remember everyone, fastpass was not created to benefit the guest. It was created to benefit the amount of time people spend in line. Even if the max wait a good capacity ride could ever get would be ten minutes, that is ten minutes they want people walking by snack stands or through gift shops. Hence, fastpass. Every moment someone is in a line of any length or on a ride of any length, it is a an amount of time they are not spending money.

The two tricks with nextgen are that it gets people to give up fastpass spots for rides that they wouldn't usually get fastpasses for when they see the times at the parks. So when a parent is planning their trip to Epcot and sees that there is a nemo attraction they will give that top spot for a fastpass over something like test track and soarin. It's a way to spread first time guests away from the people who are revisiting and know what attractions to fastpass. Secondly, nextgen creates breaks between rides. This opens more time to shop and spend.

What was said about artificially inflated wait times is exactly right. With the way the concept is described it is just It is just super fastpass that one pays for.

Remember everyone, fastpass was not created to benefit the guest. It was created to benefit the amount of time people spend in line. Even if the max wait a good capacity ride could ever get would be ten minutes, that is ten minutes they want people walking by snack stands or through gift shops. Hence, fastpass. Every moment someone is in a line of any length or on a ride of any length, it is a an amount of time they are not spending money.

Yet TDO chose not to build 3 Soarin' theaters. If only they used logic they could be even more greedy.

Quick note:

1305B is Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, so it's getting FastPass+ too.

That just leaves the one location, which is looking more and more like the rumored fireworks viewing location due to the address, unless it's Astro Orbitor making all the spinners FP-attractions.

WDWMagic posted about the first day of FASTPASS+ in the Magic Kingdom. Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Mickey's PhilharMagic, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh are already using the system.

The first large scale guest testing of FASTPASS+ got underway this morning at the Magic Kingdom.

You may remember a few weeks ago that guests were being contacted ahead of their arrival to take part in FASTPASS+. The concept is that guests can select their must-do ride experiences online before they arrive at the park, and can choose FASTPASS time windows for each of those attractions. After doing so, the guests are issued an RFID FASTPASS+ card, which they then use in the park to access each attraction at their allocated time.

Each attraction that is participating in the test has the now familiar RFID reader poles at the entrance. For attractions with existing FASTPASS systems, the readers are located at the entrance to the FASTPASS return line. For attractions without existing FASTPASS queues, such as the Haunted Mansion, special entrances have been built. There are two readers at each location, speeding up the process of guest access. When the guest wishes to enter the attraction, instead of handing over a paper FASTPASS ticket, they simply touch their RFID FASTPASS+ card to the reader. A cast member is on-hand to deal with any issues, and has access to the reservation information via kiosk or iPad.

From what we have seen so far this morning, the test is proceeding very well. A good number of guests are using the system, and all appears to be passing through without issue.

ibeSYlrJjgSUwK.jpg

iblt8oPFapTqWZ.jpg

ibagFfvrTxuNWN.jpg

ib0ECF02eaiIYO.jpg

ioHqaciAs1MmV.jpg

sigh. Disney. the lines will get longer. in attempts to make them shorter.

you will create and endless paradox, i hope you're happy Disney.