Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2020

We are heading down to Mardi Gras at the end of March for a couple of days. We've only been one other time and that was for an last minute surprise trip for my daughter to see Fall Out Boy. We didn't do much that trip except wait to get into the courtyard to see the concert. This time we are going for the food and the parade. I've been reading through all the information on here but I have one question. When do the Mardi Gras food tents open? Are they only open in the evening?
The first Saturday the food booths opened at 4:00 , and the street dancers partied in front of Fallon streets about 15-20 minutes later. They were as much fun as the parade. But I don't know if that's an everyday schedule.

The first Saturday the food booths opened at 4:00 , and the street dancers partied in front of Fallon streets about 15-20 minutes later. They were as much fun as the parade. But I don't know if that's an everyday schedule.

All Mari Gras stuff starts at 4pm

Just got my AP passport in the mail. It mentions that AP holders, besides the special parade viewing area, which is excellent, also get "early access to the French Quarter Courtyard and the specialty Passholder drink, Pardi Gras"....But they don't mention what time that early access is.

If you live in Florida check your local news and radio stations for UO Mardi Gras park to park tix sweepstakes. I won a pair a couple of years ago and so did my friend.

I came yesterday to see some of my friends do parade one last time and it was a ton of fun. A bunch of off-work Mardi Gras entertainers and staff plus some HHN/UniEntertainment regulars were all huddled by Esoteric rooting the entire time. You could tell the entire cast that night was giving it their all!

Great year for Mardi Gras, and though it's sad it had to end so soon, at least it could go out with a well-deserved bang.