Mardi Gras Advice | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras Advice

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 11, 2013
My sister and i are going to see Matchbox Twenty next Saturday and were very excited. Were driving down and were assuming we will need to get to the park when it opens and stay in a line all day if we want to get in the front row for the concert right? Anyone with experience on how the concert process works? Also, i dont have a cellphone but i have my ipod which, usually, theres wifi everywhere so i have no problems but i recently read something about how Universal is only JUST installing wifi (January article). Anyone know if its completed yet or if theres any wifi in the concert line/while waiting for the band to come out? If not its going to be a very long day lol. Also any tips on food and such. 12 hours of standing without food or drink is impossible, how can we go about grabbing food? Is one of us staying behind and holding the others spot and bringing back food okay? Were pretty new to this but ive loved mb20 for 16 years and this will be my first time seeing them live so i want it to go smoothly. Any tips or advice is more then welcome! :)

Hello, Punki! Welcome to OU! :wave:

They do have a space to line up for the concerts, but you can probably enjoy the park for a good while and see how that is filling up, before you decide to get in line. I don't think people line up there all day, but when Demi Lovato was playing, I did see some girls line up pretty early. Just keep an eye on it.

I'm sorry to say, there is no WiFi at Universal, and the equipment they were installing turned out to be 4G for AT&T.

As far as food and beverage, there is a spot right next to the space where you line up to the concert. BTW, said spot is on the left side of the stage plaza, HERE.

Good luck, and have fun! :thumbs:

Not to long ago we say ZZ Top. We went to IOF first thing in the morning and was over at US by about 10:30a. At that time few people where already in line. We proceeded to go on a few rides and grab something to eat. All along keeping an eye on the line. It was about 1:30p - 2:00p that we decided to get in line we where about a dozen people back. If there is just a few of you one person holding your place won't be an issue as long as the people close behind you see all of you at the beginning. One can go and get food or whatever and then switch places with the other and you shouldn't have a problem. I can tell you if one persone decides to try and hold a spot in line for about 20 people it's not going to fly. This happened with us and led to security coming over as the complaints started with the couple right behind the group and eventually everybody in line was involved.

Once you get in and have your spot on the rail make sure you stand you ground as many people will try and push their way in.

As far as open WiFi goes, sorry nothing yet as of last Saturday.

Have fun! :smiley: and welcome to the forum

Thanks for the replies! Ill probably go to that little place in your link Felipe, i have anxiety issues (yeah im going to try and manage in the massive up front crowd anyways) so id rather stay close to the line. Its just my sister and i so hopefully nobody should have issues either ways if one of us leaves to grab food and the other waits. Its great news that we may be able to ride some rides before settling into the line. Its not often we go anywhere cool like this and though the concert is worth it (their concerts everywhere else are so expensive for good seats!) we were a bit bummed to just sit all day in line. Its supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny so ill be bringing sunscreen but if the weather happens to change and its raining will the show go on?
Too bad they don't have wifi though, in this case lol :)

Thanks again for the advice! tiredoldspook you were right, we were packed in but i did get there at 9:30 and got in line right away so i did get in the front for a great view.
562184_4674762512321_1086151378_n.jpg

I actually went to the bathroom and walked out to them doing an Extra interview so i sat through that and watched
488112_4674745591898_2031566501_n.jpg

Then after they were finished they came and met some of us
578994_4674747391943_386848897_n.jpg

So i wound up with autographs on my ticket! :D
426568_4674747591948_1957976523_n.jpg

I dont think it could have went any better but for sure packed and i did need to be there in line right away to get up front. :)

Yep, ive been a big fan since i was 13, like, 16 years ago. Never had gotten to see them live though. Their tickets are so pricey so getting them in universals admission price was great! Im still on cloud 9 haha!

The show was really good, and I was caught off guard by how popular it was with most of the plaza area filled up by 6pm. I'll definitely be getting there much earlier for All-American Rejects than I did for Matchbox. I'll be there for Pat Benatar and Kool & the Gang as well.