Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Media and Reviews - Jurassic World: The Ride

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jurassic World: The Ride is currently under a soft opening. A “Soft Opening” is essentially a technical rehearsal of a new attraction or a final release candidate test for the ride. All the major components are installed and operational but some tweaks, changes, and updates will occur prior to the grand opening.

“Soft Openings” are never promised. There is no guarantee the ride will be opening. The ride might only open for a period of time, all day, or not at all depending on any issues or changes. There is no set schedule or guarantee it will be open until it’s officially Grand Opened.

This thread is for large photo updates, videos, and reviews of the new attraction. Please keep all chit chat and asides to the General Discussion thread; replies to reviews are welcome but if the discussion expands and continues on then please move it to the General Discussion thread.

NOTE: This thread will contain spoilers for all aspects of the attraction including (but not limited to) the queue, storyline, special effects, secrets, and more. Do not read further if you do not wish to be spoiled. Consider this the last warning.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but this ride got at least two audible “WOW’s!” out of me. You’ll notice in video... That doesn’t happen too often for me

The ride was amazing. Following the mosasaur scene, It felt like I was in a complete remaster of the original ride, which it was because of the refurbished animatronics for the ones that returned. They all moved so smoothly.

How they also redid the show building also blew me away. I genuinely think they did the ride justice. Even the mosasaur scene looked great despite being a screen!

I think I can say I like this better than the original.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the dead pteranodons when you reach the ransacked predator area? There was actually blood on the wall.

EDIt 2: Seeing the POVs so far, much to my surprise the final drop desync didn’t happen, though, we did stop before the final lift. Also, I do wonder what’s with the Indominus just peeking out it’s head like that. I guess we’ll see what they work out in the final thing or later.

Last edited:
The ride was amazing. Following the mosasaur scene, It felt like I was in a complete remaster of the original ride, which it was because of the refurbished animatronics for the ones that returned. They all moved so smoothly.

How they also redid the show building also blew me away. I genuinely think they did the ride justice. Even the mosasaur scene looked great despite being a screen!

I think I can say I like this better than the original.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the dead pteranodons when you reach the ransacked predator area? There was actually blood on the wall.

EDIt 2: Seeing the POVs so far, much to my surprise the final drop desync didn’t happen, though, we did stop before the final lift. Also, I do wonder what’s with the Indominus just peeking out it’s head like that. I guess we’ll see what they work out in the final thing or later.

I think we are going to get a much bigger scene with that final I-Rex, my guess is they are still working on the programming or some timing issues. That set up definitely is hiding some more action. Looks like the I-Rex is tucked back in a limited program loop.

I think we are going to get a much bigger scene with that final I-Rex, my guess is they are still working on the programming or some timing issues. That set up definitely is hiding some more action. Looks like the I-Rex is tucked back in a limited program loop.

That was what I first thought when I saw the scene. Hopefully it's true

In line for my second ride. Love it definitely an upgrade. Will have more thoughts after my second ride.

AlyzbCs.jpg

Got to go on this after waiting in line for two hours. The sign said 210 min but the shaded portion of the queue was *almost* full. The outside hadn't been touched.

I will say the beginning was surprisingly good. The aquarium looks a lot bigger in person than I thought it would. The middle of the ride was basically the same, which I don't mind. The AAs looked better than they once did. I will echo everyone by saying that the Carnivore Cove right before the lift hill was pretty dead. It could really benefit from some kinetics and maybe another effect of some sort. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the blood they showed. Let's see how long it takes before they get rid of it from guests complaining. lol The finale was really cool! Universal has shown they can make great AAs.

Overall, I really liked it. Universal has really shown that they can make a great ride that isn't heavily reliant on screens. The biggest gripe was how dead the middle was. Other than that, B+ Definitely an upgrade from the original.