Mega Movie Parade | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Orlando has released the new interactive bubble wands that will be able to interact with their new Mega Movie Parade when it debuts on July 3.

Reactions: Alicia
So my friend who knows quite a few of the performers and had said a few weeks ago that they didn’t think it would be ready for opening day. Never thought much of it as it wasn’t a totally credible source, but there it is.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Nico
I'm interested to see how the times change once HHN begins. The showtimes currently are showing for 6 PM. But with the park closing at either 5 or 6 during HHN nights.. wonder if they switch it to maybe 3?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Hoping they run the new parade and night shows in the couple weeks before they start Holiday stuff. I'm guessing they will, and I just booked Portofino for very early November. And on that, I'm guessing the bulk of renovations should be completed by then. Decent RP and Portofino AP rates, close to what they used to be before the profit grab. Portofino's been my home away from home, around 100 nights there, and we miss it. Couldn't pass that up....and I'm psyched to see the new night shows/parade. To me, that's as attractive as a new D ticket ride.

Trying to see if my friend wants to meet me after I’m off work to see it! Hoping the rain cooperates too, we’ve had a lot of rainy nights right around that 6pm time this week. The old Superstar time probably would’ve been safer.
Honestly it has been raining this summer at all sorts of odd times, so not sure time of parade matters much. In the past years I know 3 to 6pm was huge with storms come August to September as we are always concerned about school release and stupid 30/30 or when my daughter did soccer whether her games would be cancelled. But this year my husband struggled with cutting the grass this week. He went out at 11 AM and got everything out only for it to begin raining lol. It has been so strange this summer.

What time was old show?

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Are you guys ok with the 6PM showtime or should this have been a 12PM-3PM parade?
I prefer later. Any time between 3 PM and 7 PM I would be happy with. We don't come to the parks before 4 PM very often, sometimes we do 3 PM and do shows. So a 3 PM would have been fine for us. But honestly with the heat I feel noon to 3 PM is the absolutely worst time to ask people to stand in large crowds baking in the sun.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder if they end with Ghostbusters since the Stay Puft Man is supposed to be so big. Go out with a bang?

Also, looks orange over Universal at 6. I’ll bring my poncho and hope it clears. I know they’ve delayed the parade before during Christmas and started late. Maybe it’ll happen today.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I was at the official grand opening for the previous parade and new lagoon show (barges) at that time. It rained cats and dogs all afternoon and into the evening. But they ran both, long delayed, regardless. We camped out in Louies Restaurant for a long long time waiting for the heavy rain to slow down.