Mega Movie Parade | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can confirm there was a good amount of elements missing, including a couple of floats.
Glad to hear there’s more coming, it’s already so much better than the previous parade and it can get even better.
Wonder when is all getting ready to go
I counted nine out of the promised 13

Last edited:
Seeing all these responses, I think the key to most of these fixes is that we want to see the iconic movie moments we love happening in real-time on the floats. Floats like Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park are more evocative because there are a lot of action elements (though I wish that there were “streams” on the Ghostbusters float).

The most successful unit in memory in a parade is the Sleeping Beauty float in Festival of Fantasy, which tells the entire story of the battle between Phillip and Maleficent, including the fairies, the thorns, and the chaotic fire. The closest this parade gets is Jaws, with the active battle between the townies and Brody. The issue here is that the payoff float does not allow for the actor to truly activate the shark in any way.

I think that there are choreography changes possible that can allow the Delorian to “rev up” or “lightning to strike the clock tower”, E.T.’s magic healing touch to “activate”, and the “streams to cross” in an activated way, just as Excalibur is pulled in “Magic Happens” during every musical loop. They just need to find those story beats and find a way to activate at least one or two light/smoke effects on the floats to really make it feel like the films are alive.

Seeing all these responses, I think the key to most of these fixes is that we want to see the iconic movie moments we love happening in real-time on the floats. Floats like Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park are more evocative because there are a lot of action elements (though I wish that there were “streams” on the Ghostbusters float).

The most successful unit in memory in a parade is the Sleeping Beauty float in Festival of Fantasy, which tells the entire story of the battle between Phillip and Maleficent, including the fairies, the thorns, and the chaotic fire. The closest this parade gets is Jaws, with the active battle between the townies and Brody. The issue here is that the payoff float does not allow for the actor to truly activate the shark in any way.

I think that there are choreography changes possible that can allow the Delorian to “rev up” or “lightning to strike the clock tower”, E.T.’s magic healing touch to “activate”, and the “streams to cross” in an activated way, just as Excalibur is pulled in “Magic Happens” during every musical loop. They just need to find those story beats and find a way to activate at least one or two light/smoke effects on the floats to really make it feel like the films are alive.
They also need to triple the size of the marching band.

EDIT - I do low-key hate the lead float though. Just, everything about it is wrong to me.

Last edited:
The floats we’ve seen leave a lot to be desired. Static, in some cases even lifeless, and generally have a budget look to them. I’m honestly let down.

Reactions: screenz
EDIT - I do low-key hate the lead float though. Just, everything about it is wrong to me.

Add some fiberoptics, liquid nitrogen, and one of those electricity balls with Woody the Woodpecker leading the parade. Deffinatley hasn't been done before. (Universal logo should have been HUGE and the dancers got too far ahead of the float)

Legacy, is it just me or are they pulling from the BTTF musical for that section of the parade?

I wasn't expecting much for this parade. Definitely knew it wasn't going to be the Universal Japan parade. But overall, I liked it!

The biggest disappointment for me was the music. I was hoping they would at least spend the money on getting Shake That or even better I'm Still Standing for the Sing float. Continue that trend with Can't Stop the Feeling for the Trolls float, Kung Fu Fighting for Po, and Happy for Minions. I know that would be hella expensive, but it is so needed!! But then again I'm one of those dancing in my spot fools at parades.

The rest of the floats were SPOT ON! I knew there wasn't going to be much movement, and if there were special effects not working on the floats it would be even better once they're fixed. Plus with the additional 4 planned floats the timing may be more on board to what was planned.

Keep bringing the live entertainment, Universal!!

Add some fiberoptics, liquid nitrogen, and one of those electricity balls with Woody the Woodpecker leading the parade. Deffinatley hasn't been done before. (Universal logo should have been HUGE and the dancers got too far ahead of the float)

Legacy, is it just me or are they pulling from the BTTF musical for that section of the parade?
I was hoping for a, like, a theater. Grand theater entrance on the front side and an actual screen with clip shows on the back. Chasing lights, dancing theater goers with popcorn buckets and 3D glasses. They could have done something special to open the parade instead of such a sterile float. And I think more than anything that’s what bugs me about the entire parade’s aesthetic at the moment. It just feels sterile.

And to your second question, it absolutely is. Which is really jarring if you know that’s what it’s from.

Why are we not playing Power of Love, which is a far more iconic song from the movie?

when i saw the floats on instagram i thought "OMG AMAZING" but when i saw the full video it seemed a little boring.
they probably look incredible in real life, but the floats feel empty (which is ironic seeing how much decoration they have.)

im very surprised they didnt have a kong or fast and the furious float.

They also need to triple the size of the marching band.

Up close you can see paint marks and the wood all out of shape/mis aligned... not a great product. The screen also has seams in it that take away from the design.

Just start with the BTTF unit... no need for this intro float.

Up close you can see paint marks and the wood all out of shape/mis aligned... not a great product. The screen also has seams in it that take away from the design.

Just start with the BTTF unit... no need for this intro float.

Kinda crazy they let it debut like this… just wait until it’s ready, especially in the day and age of social media. You get one first impression.