Mega Movie Parade | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
kinda wish the parade had the Delorean and the GB car as part of the parade. just the cars driving as part of it.
you could even add the jeep or the Ford Explorer from Jurassic Park to the parade.
Dassss what im sayin!
At least we kinda know the Ecto is coming soon. Jeeps and Deloreans ain’t hard to come by in a good state, the ghostbusters car on the other hand is pure work and dedication. Have Ian Malcolm drive the Jeep and Biff on the Delorean as well

Dassss what im sayin!
At least we kinda know the Ecto is coming soon. Jeeps and Deloreans ain’t hard to come by in a good state, the ghostbusters car on the other hand is pure work and dedication. Have Ian Malcolm drive the Jeep and Biff on the Delorean as well

someone will say that you can't have the Delorean in the float and also driving around, but you could easily just say that it came back in time so you are seeing the exact same Delorean both in the float and driving around lol.

and for Jurassic , have Muldoon and Ellie drive around the keep like in the movie.

I have a dinosaur obsessed three-year-old, who really wants one of the Blue bubble wands. I keep seeing that they interact with the parade. Can someone shed some light on what that means?

Reactions: Brian G.
I have a dinosaur obsessed three-year-old, who really wants one of the Blue bubble wands. I keep seeing that they interact with the parade. Can someone shed some light on what that means?
So each wand has two modes - normal mode and interactive mode.

Normal mode lets you control the wand as it's intended. You push the button, it lights up and makes bubbles, etc. etc...

Interactive Mode enables the wand to be "controlled" by other wands nearby (and in turn, you can control other wands in the vicinity), and when certain parade floats go by, it'll turn on randomly.

Last edited:
Okay, the more I think about how a couple of these floats should be designed, the more annoyed I get. Again, these aren’t operational things, these are straight up DESIGN things.

The lead float is the most egregious, of course, as it doesn’t tell the story of the parade. I’ve reworked/cleaned up my original design, but yeah. It needs to be a movie theater.

IMG_0334.png

The second biggest culprit, to me, is the Back to the Future float. Again, the failure is that doesn’t tell a story or highlight a moment from anything in the films. That’s fine if ALL the floats are like that, but they aren’t. As a result, the BttF and Kung-Fu Panda floats are odd ducks. That’s really disappointing when its float could be incredibly dynamic by showcasing THREE MOVIES on a single train.

I’d start with the BTTF float with 1885 (BttF 3), specifically with train climax leading (complete with incomplete track). The different color smoke cycles through the smoke stack. Claire is in the engine room, waving at guests while ground performers dance like a hoe-down.

The second part is a Hill Valley street circa 2015 (BttF 2). Griff Tanner and Old Biff “insult” the guests while Griff’s gang patrols the street. Simple, vibrant, fun.

That leads to the float’s final piece, the climax in 1955 (BttF) with Marty IN the Delorean and Doc Brown ON the clock tower. Here, the street performers are Hill Valley students at the Under Sea dance. Again, everything is oriented forward, so the Delorean is driving “away” from the clock tower. As the float passes, you see a massive flux capacitor behind the clock tower.

I like that the Kung-Fu Panda float has both Po and Tigress. I don’t like that they’re side by side. Po is the Dragon Warrior. He should be on a pedestal (friendship aside). This allows both sides of the street to better engage the star. The float should also feature “living murals” replicating the films’ 2D animated segments that retell the Dragon Warrior battles, and 3D figures of the rest of the Furious Five, Shifu, Oogway, and Ping. Honestly, Shifu and Ping should be puppets.

The Jaws float, similarly, needs to turn around, so the Orca’s bow leads. Then, as it passes, Jaws is revealed. This allows Quint to turn an react to the shark. As it’s currently designed, it’s fairly incoherent because Jaws is moving away from the boat.

I wish ET had government agents on the street looking for the kids, but aside from that, I like the float. Similarly, the JP float and Ghostbusters segments.

It very much feels like each float was designed in a vacuum. They feel disconnected in a way the best parades don’t.

Okay, the more I think about how a couple of these floats should be designed, the more annoyed I get. Again, these aren’t operational things, these are straight up DESIGN things.

The lead float is the most egregious, of course, as it doesn’t tell the story of the parade. I’ve reworked/cleaned up my original design, but yeah. It needs to be a movie theater.

View attachment 22499

The second biggest culprit, to me, is the Back to the Future float. Again, the failure is that doesn’t tell a story or highlight a moment from anything in the films. That’s fine if ALL the floats are like that, but they aren’t. As a result, the BttF and Kung-Fu Panda floats are odd ducks. That’s really disappointing when its float could be incredibly dynamic by showcasing THREE MOVIES on a single train.

I’d start with the BTTF float with 1885 (BttF 3), specifically with train climax leading (complete with incomplete track). The different color smoke cycles through the smoke stack. Claire is in the engine room, waving at guests while ground performers dance like a hoe-down.

The second part is a Hill Valley street circa 2015 (BttF 2). Griff Tanner and Old Biff “insult” the guests while Griff’s gang patrols the street. Simple, vibrant, fun.

That leads to the float’s final piece, the climax in 1955 (BttF) with Marty IN the Delorean and Doc Brown ON the clock tower. Here, the street performers are Hill Valley students at the Under Sea dance. Again, everything is oriented forward, so the Delorean is driving “away” from the clock tower. As the float passes, you see a massive flux capacitor behind the clock tower.

I like that the Kung-Fu Panda float has both Po and Tigress. I don’t like that they’re side by side. Po is the Dragon Warrior. He should be on a pedestal (friendship aside). This allows both sides of the street to better engage the star. The float should also feature “living murals” replicating the films’ 2D animated segments that retell the Dragon Warrior battles, and 3D figures of the rest of the Furious Five, Shifu, Oogway, and Ping. Honestly, Shifu and Ping should be puppets.

The Jaws float, similarly, needs to turn around, so the Orca’s bow leads. Then, as it passes, Jaws is revealed. This allows Quint to turn an react to the shark. As it’s currently designed, it’s fairly incoherent because Jaws is moving away from the boat.

I wish ET had government agents on the street looking for the kids, but aside from that, I like the float. Similarly, the JP float and Ghostbusters segments.

It very much feels like each float was designed in a vacuum. They feel disconnected in a way the best parades don’t.
what about the other ones like et

what about the other ones like et
Last couple of paragraphs.

But, for my entire assessment, I think the Sing float was a waste of resources. The money for that float could have been spent on a stronger IP (even Fast and the Furious). And while I’m not a big fan of the Minions float, it DOES kinda work. It needs more movement in what’s already there. At the very least, all the static Minions’ eyes should move.