MIB: Alien Attack Revamp? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While the refurbishment @Alicia mentioned in a recent park stop vid sounds like a substantial investment based on what was mentioned and could last the ride another decade at least, I don't think that would still stop Universal from removing it in just 3-5 years time if they decide they would want to combine World Expo and Springfield into one large replacement land depending on the IP once the Simpsons contract expires. Just a reminder I read on a Micechat update back in 2017 that even though Team Disney Anaheim put a considerable amount of dough into their now defunct Tough to be A Bug attraction which involved upgrading the projections to digital and spiffing up the animatronics, it still did not stop them from removing it for Marvel.

While the refurbishment @Alicia mentioned in a recent park stop vid sounds like a substantial investment based on what was mentioned and could last the ride another decade at least, I don't think that would still stop Universal from removing it in just 3-5 years time if they decide they would want to combine World Expo and Springfield into one large replacement land depending on the IP once the Simpsons contract expires. Just a reminder I read on a Micechat update back in 2017 that even though Team Disney Anaheim put a considerable amount of dough into their now defunct Tough to be A Bug attraction which involved upgrading the projections to digital and spiffing up the animatronics, it still did not stop them from removing it for Marvel.

You’re really putting the cart before the horse here.

MIB needed a refurbishment no matter what their long-term plans are. Wasn't in the best shape the past few months.

Under the hood a lot of work is going into improving the ride vehicles and ride system. But it’s not something we’d really notice.

I’m hoping one day they improve the scan animation projection for the bugs in the other car moment.
Pretty much the good ol' Mummy treatment?

Reactions: tankart150