MiB Store Themeing? | Inside Universal Forums

MiB Store Themeing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 12, 2013
NJ
Last time I went to Universal, granted it was a year or so ago, I noticed that as you exit the MIB ride to look at your pictures, theres a big concrete ramp to an empty concrete area with pictures on one wall and an entrance to the shop on another. I seem to remember it being that was for quite some time and I was wondering if there's any reason for them not theming that? Also does anyone have some pictures of that area to kind of refresh people?

EDIT: I'd also like to add that the rest of the area seems lightly themed. I think they could do a much better job themeing this area if they took a second look at it! :)
Don't get me wrong though, the ride is themed perfectly, I just wish it didn't seem so empty on the express lines when I go in Novembers! haha

Last edited:
The exit ramp is what I think your talking about. One of the possible reasons that that area was less themed than the rest of the building is that originally this was outdoors where you could take a brief right and get right back on the ride. It has been enclosed to expand the gift shop and probably to control some crowd flow issues.

Hmm, I suppose this makes sense but you would think they would actually theme it a little other than just leaving it as a big open concrete room haha
unless of course they've added more since I've seen it!

I'd love to see a picture if someone would be kind enough to take one on their next visit! :smiley:
I realize it's very minor but it just seems weird to me! haha

I feel bad for the TMs working there as they listened to Will Smith's MIB music 50x a day :( Like the song but yeah lol

Haha I never thought of that... I always enjoyed hearing the music walking down the exit ramp but man I'm sure that would get on my nerves after a shift there :lol:

I think its fine. MiB's production design/aesthetic is that of fun sci-fi, government facilities, minimalism, sleek colors and clean lines. It really isn't that important of an area anyway, as it is just the passthrough area until the gift shop, which is "well themed".

Photos from Orlando Informer....

iE1sgr7cTGAPI.jpg

ioZDDx3fi2Uq9.jpg

ifOoeQBs3evEf.jpg

ibk9sR8rYNDMv3.jpg

iSe65tJmIenwF.jpg

The area in question can also be seen at the 8:00 mark in the video below.....

[video=youtube;fU0Xbj-85HE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU0Xbj-85HE[/video]

Last edited:
They could update the attraction, like replace the huge oval moniter with an updated screen from the 3rd film (via hologram from Potter and Disaster!), display the new Ford Taurus MIB cruiser up front and for the songs about switching between 3 movie soundtracks like Pitbull's "Back in Time" along with Danny Elfmen MIB scores. The ride should remain the same.

Or as Boris the Animal would say...Let's agree to disagree. :)

Off topic, but I wonder how well MIB merch sells in the store...and why we don't have an MIB novelty drink yet haha

You can get a "Rum Neuralyser" in finnegans. Haha. The description: No flash of light will make you forget this fruity blend of Light Rum, Dark Rum, Blackberry and Banana Liqueur, all mixed together in a variety of juices.

They could update the attraction, like replace the huge oval moniter with an updated screen from the 3rd film (via hologram from Potter and Disaster!), display the new Ford Taurus MIB cruiser up front and for the songs about switching between 3 movie soundtracks like Pitbull's "Back in Time" along with Danny Elfmen MIB scores. The ride should remain the same.

Or as Boris the Animal would say...Let's agree to disagree. :)

Oh god no, they need to keep that far away from the ride. Its a horrible song and doesn't work at all. Also the song has nothing to do with the movie apart from the fact it uses key word. Hence they should of got Will Smith to do it since he can be told the story and he actually has talent. Also keeping with tradition, instead of getting an artist who your Daughter like to do it.

Oh god no, they need to keep that far away from the ride. Its a horrible song and doesn't work at all. Also the song has nothing to do with the movie apart from the fact it uses key word. Hence they should of got Will Smith to do it since he can be told the story and he actually has talent. Also keeping with tradition, instead of getting an artist who your Daughter like to do it.

Eh, I think it would be a good song to just add to the mix... It's got a fun vibe to it that would really give the area a bit of a spark

maybe an apple glowing drink
It would be nice if they tore out the Coca-Cola mister thing (which is a huge waste of water and probably money) and put in a small MIB themed refreshment area where they could serve said sour apple drink..
I'm still holding out for a World Expo/Sci-Fi City expansion...but back on topic

It would be nice if they tore out the Coca-Cola mister thing (which is a huge waste of water and probably money) and put in a small MIB themed refreshment area where they could serve said sour apple drink..
I'm still holding out for a World Expo/Sci-Fi City expansion...but back on topic

huge waste of water? it mists less than the ones by animal actors. and its awesome on a hot day.

They already have a refreshment area, Cold Drinks, right in front of the MiB Gear Shop :thumbs:
Maybe they can add a fun themed drink to their menu. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties appreciated :cheers: