Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: Dhdhddh
Still think it's dumb this replaced GMR and not one of the countless dead areas in DHS, but at least it's gonna be great
It does suck. But the upkeep vs the draw wasn't worth it in their eyes. And considering the type of audience they're trying to get, I understand their approach.

As long as they wipe out the animation studio area, im ok with this move fully.
If they just stop here with DHS and things they've done enough, then I'm in full agreement.

Reactions: Brian G. and jrn14
It does suck. But the upkeep vs the draw wasn't worth it in their eyes. And considering the type of audience they're trying to get, I understand their approach.

If they just stop here with DHS and things they've done enough, then I'm in full agreement.
Both moving theater attractions closed within weeks of each other in 2017 (GMR and UoE). It sucks, but they were just such old ride systems that to maintain them was getting to be extremely expensive and neither ride was pulling it's weight. UoE was especially bad with attendance by the end of it's life.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Both moving theater attractions closed within weeks of each other in 2017 (GMR and UoE). It sucks, but they were just such old ride systems that to maintain them was getting to be extremely expensive and neither ride was pulling it's weight. UoE was especially bad with attendance by the end of it's life.

They didn’t close within weeks they closed on the SAME DAY. It’s 1000% a ride system issue.

Agreed. If they can replace the Animation Courtyard with 2-3 quality attractions, I think DHS would probably be the best park at WDW

EDIT: Ehhh, now that I think about it, they probably need to replace IJSS and Star Tours too before I can say that

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and Brian G.
I think opinions of the park are very different. Anecdotally, I was with @UK-Trigg and he dislikes DHS, even with the new lands. Myself, I like the park a lot. But, the one thing we agree on is that the willy nilly, no master plan of the park, is a big negative. It's so disjointed with no rhyme or reason. Probably because it ended up into evolving into a real theme ride park instead of the original MGM Studio Tour. That will continue to hurt the park, not counting lack factual rides, even with M&M. When one of the D/E tickets goes down, all the other ride lines get real long.

Reactions: Andysol
I think opinions of the park are very different. Anecdotally, I was with @UK-Trigg and he dislikes DHS, even with the new lands. Myself, I like the park a lot. But, the one thing we agree on is that the willy nilly, no master plan of the park, is a big negative. It's so disjointed with no rhyme or reason. Probably because it ended up into evolving into a real theme ride park instead of the original MGM Studio Tour. That will continue to hurt the park, not counting lack factual rides, even with M&M. When one of the D/E tickets goes down, all the other ride lines get real long.

Not to turn this into a “DHS” thread. But @Nick and I have discussed at length before about a straightforward layout fix. TSL, grand avenue and Star Wars looped that entire area And made the flow through very nice. Animation studios looping into Aerosmith area would do the same for that side. When/if they finally attack that area of the park, connecting Sunset Blvd to the current Animation courtyard will actually make the park flow pretty well.

Indy is more on an island and an issue in and of itself, but it staying or being replaced won’t negatively or positively affect the flow of the park either way. Obviously we’d all like to see it go, but animation is the priority for flow alone.

That said- I'm talking about flow because sunset is a loooooong dead end and a bit of a miserable walk back and forth. And dead ends at parks are never good . Then I glance at EU and they’re all dead ends, intentionally so, and I’m excited about that fact. So what the hell do I know? :lol:

Reactions: Nick
Indy is more on an island and an issue in and of itself, but it staying or being replaced won’t negatively or positively affect the flow of the park either way. Obviously we’d all like to see it go

Speak for yourself! :lol:

I'm only comfortable with Epic Stunt Spectacular leaving if it's to make way for a proper Indiana Jones ride.

I remember a few years back there were rumors of changing DHS name to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure". To me, at this point where this park is I'm not sure why they don't do that. Still gives you the vibe its Hollywood and all about movie making and celebrating film. I think especially after Mickey and Minnie open there's no need to call this DHS anymore.

I’d rather replace MF than Star Tours. I really disliked MF and I think it is an inferior motion simulator experience.
I know it will never, ever happen; But I’m still hoping one day Mama Melrose gets rebranded to Swedish Chef and that they swing the entrance of Star Tours right next to Pizzerizzo and retheme it to the muppets.
Star Tours is still a really good simulator, it absolutely devours lines, and should not get demo’d.

Reactions: mainejeff
I remember a few years back there were rumors of changing DHS name to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure". To me, at this point where this park is I'm not sure why they don't do that. Still gives you the vibe its Hollywood and all about movie making and celebrating film. I think especially after Mickey and Minnie open there's no need to call this DHS anymore.
Here’s the list of reasons why no name change:

1)Money.

/list

I’m very much looking forward to Runaway Railway... it’s easy to forget with the passage of years but GMR was quite tired and I’m not sure updating a scene or two would have done much for it. Slow-moving diorama attractions are hard to pull off these days - I’d say the most recent try was the Avatar boat ride and yikes.