Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One thing that's important to note is since everything is the projection mapping over these moving sets Disney could update the look of the characters to the classic or another version of Mickey in a few years.
Exactly.

The version of Mickey they are using can be updated relatively cheaply whenever they want/need it to be. They could also change it to something completely different from Mickey if they want.

Tom Corless claims he has a source telling him there will be some AAs in the ride. Take that with a salt mine's worth of salt, and make of it what you will.

I doubt he's correct, but I hope he is.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Tom Corless claims he has a source telling him there will be some AAs in the ride. Take that with a salt mine's worth of salt, and make of it what you will.

I doubt he's correct, but I hope he is.
I mean, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there are AA's in the queue as that sort of seems to be a direction Disney has been headed down more and more lately. In the actual ride though, i'm not sure if I can see it happening. It would mess with the whole shape-shifting thing the ride is going for I would think.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
Im hoping the queue can soothe all of our worries about the ride. (For the record, I'm still bullish on the whole ride)

The queue could definitely show a progression of Mickey through the years and integrate AAs.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Exactly.

The version of Mickey they are using can be updated relatively cheaply whenever they want/need it to be. They could also change it to something completely different from Mickey if they want.

What about seasonal Mickey? Halloween and Christmas seem like a no brainer.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Perhaps the ending of the ride culminates in a fully fleshed out scene with AAs of Mickey and Minnie in their car, a rotating background, and real scenery. Kinda like Kong's physical ending to an otherwise screen based ride.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there are AA's in the queue as that sort of seems to be a direction Disney has been headed down more and more lately. In the actual ride though, i'm not sure if I can see it happening. It would mess with the whole shape-shifting thing the ride is going for I would think.
Im hoping the queue can soothe all of our worries about the ride. (For the record, I'm still bullish on the whole ride)

The queue could definitely show a progression of Mickey through the years and integrate AAs.

I was under the (perhaps false) impression that the queue was still going to be Chinese Theater themed. At the very least, there's some gorgeous detailing in there that will hopefully remain.

Perhaps the ending of the ride culminates in a fully fleshed out scene with AAs of Mickey and Minnie in their car, a rotating background, and real scenery. Kinda like Kong's physical ending to an otherwise screen based ride.

I mean, I'll take what I can get at this point!

Reactions: maxairmike
Perhaps I've been misinterpreting the rumors. I've been under the assumption that the Chinese Theater facade was staying. Everything inside the theater was fair game for changes / removal though.

I wouldn't expect to see Mickey in the queue since we're in a theater going to see a Mickey movie unless it's "The Premier" of the movie. They could do that red carpet and all. But usually, the star of the show isn't in the lobby.
Yeah. Mickey & Minnie will be making guest appearances as appetizer & entree on the Ratatoullie Ride in Epcot. ;):lol:

Last edited:
What if the AAs within the ride are 100% blank and are projected onto? Would that have any possibility of working out?

I think so. Disney's gotten quite good at projection mapping. And I know with the Frozen musical at DCA, they implemented new tech that allows them to project onto moving actors (i.e. freezing Anna when the curse reaches her heart), so I'm sure they could project onto AAs. The consistency of AAs vs live actors should even make it easier lol.

Reactions: Mad Dog