Moana (Live-Action Film) | Inside Universal Forums

Moana (Live-Action Film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lol

I mean this film just came out. I dont know know who this is for
And even still I expect this movie to do absolutely huge business. People absolutely love this movie and has constantly been one of the most watched streaming movies (across all streamers) since Disney+ launched.

And even still I expect this movie to do absolutely huge business. People absolutely love this movie and has constantly been one of the most watched streaming movies (across all streamers) since Disney+ launched.
I like the film but a remake before ten years? Just a little much

My only guess of why is because they are remaking Lilo and Stitch, no clue if they will be refusing locations

Reactions: Grabnar
To quote the Chuckster: Oh you got to be (BLEEP) kidding me!

Really, there was no room for a sequel? I thought this was a joke at first.

Unless… maybe it is? (No seriously, is this a joke?)

To me the reason seems obvious. Obviously they want to capitalize on the IP, but they also want to do what they've never been able to do before and that's do a live action "remake" with the original leads (and probably others from the original cast) while they still can.

That combined with the fact that you have not only very popular actors/writers involved here in Dwayne Johnson and Lin Manuel Miranda (and people really loved Cravalho's performance as Moana and she finally has other things going on), but Dwayne and Lin are also both highly motivated by money with both of them owning their own production companies and I suspect both will be EPs on this movie.

So you combine it all together + Iger's push for more sequels/movies people recognize and this is what comes of that.

The rock last few films did fine

I won’t argue this film won’t make money but it’s just weird to remake it now and not when the kids who grew up with this film bring there kids to the remake and

It's kinda disturbing that they completely skipped over princess and the frog. ( As far as these animated remakes go)
If they are doing moana then frozen and brave are obviously next. Could be interesting.

At least the two leads for this movie are wonderful. Won't be like Mulan lol. These two leads will actually be fun to watch. I would be excited for the two leads alone.
Im not hating this idea as much as the other Disney remakes. Aladin wasn't even that great with will Smith. He was okay...but. I remember not liking that one too much.
I have a tiny bit of hope here. The Rock will be his best Rock self lol. That alone makes me have high hopes.

Some news are saying the Rock was dropped by Disney over some lawsuit but I can't verify how much is true.

Some news are saying the Rock was dropped by Disney over some lawsuit but I can't verify how much is true.
Seems very click baity to me and is not being reported by a major trade either. Disney has stuck by Jonathan Majors so far so I find it very hard to believe they’d just immediately drop Dwayne Johnson unless they know something damning.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Seems very click baity to me and is not being reported by a major trade either. Disney has stuck by Jonathan Majors so far so I find it very hard to believe they’d just immediately drop Dwayne Johnson unless they know something damning.
I thought it was fake but it showed up on my Google feed.
The lawsuit seems real and The Rock is named from what I can search, but the Disney part I can't figure out if is just fake

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The lawsuit is a farce, or more likely the product of a woman who requires extensive mental health treatment. Johnson hardly the only wrestler/celebrity mentioned; ironically given this forum, Universal Studios also a defendant. If you're interested in more, legendary wrestling manager Jim Cornette--also a defendant--did a video on the suit.

The story about Johnson being dropped is from Inside the Magic, probably the least reputable clickbait Disney "news" site out there. Based on that alone we can dismiss it out of hand.

Reactions: Nick