Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Officially announced at MidSummer Scream 2023, Monsturos: The Monsters of Latin America come to Halloween Horror Nights!
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
During a panel at Midsummer Scream 2023, it was announced "Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America" will be featured as a haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights 2023 at Universal Studios Hollywood.

¡Ten cuidado! With La Muerte as your guide, you and your scream squad must try to survive three terrifying legends: the blood-sucking Tlahuelpuchi, owl-faced witch La Lechuza and bone-ripping El Silbón.

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS IS THE ONE, CHIEF!!! Very excited for this, I wonder if La Llorona or El Cucuy (or even a chupacabra?) will make cameos!
Murdy seemed to insinuate at the MSS panel that in some form, La Llorona is infact making her return to the event! It is not clear if it is in the house, the scarezone or as a roamer like the Murder of Crows.

Kinda random, but I was watching Drag Me to Hell for the first time tonight, and I was taken very aback to hear the facade music track in the opening scene of the movie lmao.

Love that film! Super underrated and all kinds of Sam Raimi fun. I’ll have to listen for that when I check out the house.

Kinda random, but I was watching Drag Me to Hell for the first time tonight, and I was taken very aback to hear the facade music track in the opening scene of the movie lmao.

I think they also used music from Drag Me to Hell from the first La Llorona house from 2011 as well. Don’t think they this piece but another one.

They should just do a Drag Me to Hell house at HHN. I mean they own it.

I think they also used music from Drag Me to Hell from the first La Llorona house from 2011 as well. Don’t think they this piece but another one.

They should just do a Drag Me to Hell house at HHN. I mean they own it.
Did that movie do well? It’s definitely a slapstick gross out fest

Did well critically and commercially. I wouldn’t mind seeing it as a house one day but I think the sun has set on that chance.
Tbf I feel like it would have more to do with if it gets rediscovered at some point for whatever reason. As of right now it's definitely more cult than say Killer Klowns, Creepshow, or Trick r Treat were when those mazes came about, even though they were all very cult for a majority of the time theyd been out. Maybe once we approach the 20 year mark on it it'll get some more attention somehow.