Morbius | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Morbius

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As someone who sees films every week basically

mosr films have to be more than that to stick with me or for me to watch again

venom one is super boring, second one carnage was great but everything else felt meh

I have zero idea why Sony can’t make films as fun as the MCU, it’s just insane the difference in quality of the acting and scripts
Well we're about to see that tested in the coming years with the Spider-verse expanding and (supposedly) Tom Holland leaving the MCU to do things in Sony's Spiderverse after No Way Home.

Well we're about to see that tested in the coming years with the Spider-verse expanding and (supposedly) Tom Holland leaving the MCU to do things in Sony's Spiderverse after No Way Home.
I'm not a fan of the new Spiderman...and sure it will just get more Meh without the MCU

Look at Uncharted...Sony on films that are for GE are just not that special...Into the Spider Verse is the rare exception but to me Sony is a C tier Studio in movie making....which is funny considering their Video Games are AAA and well told stories

Extremely odd to wait so late, but I have to imagine the COVID surge has something to do with it.

Part of me is hoping they’ll use the time to maybe add a post-credits scene with Garfield’s Spider-Man (if one isn’t already shot) as a lot of the trailer has clues that it’s set in that Universe.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Extremely odd to wait so late, but I have to imagine the COVID surge has something to do with it.

Part of me is hoping they’ll use the time to maybe add a post-credits scene with Garfield’s Spider-Man (if one isn’t already shot) as a lot of the trailer has clues that it’s set in that Universe.

I thought this takes place in Holland's universe after Far From Home since Michael Keaton is in it and there's a poster of Spider-Man with the word "Murderer" in graffiti.

I thought this takes place in Holland's universe after Far From Home since Michael Keaton is in it and there's a poster of Spider-Man with the word "Murderer" in graffiti.
Oscorp is in it though and it's the exact same one from the TASM movies. The Daily Bugle has headlines about Rhino and Black Cat (who Felicia Hardy was meant to become in TASM 3). And the Spider-Man costume in that poster is clearly not Holland. It actually looks like it's Tobey's costume tbh, which almost might make sense considering The Daily Bugle logo looks more in line with Tobey's movies than anything else. Either would be interesting. I can't figure out how Keaton makes sense though unless he's playing a different version of Vulture I guess.

Here's a much more in-depth video summary explaining what i'm trying to say better from Emergency Awesome:

It could be a variety of things, including what you just mentioned. I'd also add they're moving it out of the way so No Way Home can still rake in the cash. When you have *the* smash hit in theaters at the moment, you'd want to milk that as much as you can.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
I can't believe after No way home they would move this
Spiderman is pretty hot right now, no clue why they would move so far away and near other films that could really hurt it....also looks like im getting my digital codes for Venom/Spiderman later then I'd like because I have to see all three films at Regal to get the digital codes

Also this month reallllllly sucks for movies in theaters now....I have scream 5 and thats it.

It could be a variety of things, including what you just mentioned. I'd also add they're moving it out of the way so No Way Home can still rake in the cash. When you have *the* smash hit in theaters at the moment, you'd want to milk that as much as you can.
I do think NWH will mostly have petered out (no pun intended) by the time Morbius was slated to come out on January 28th, though. It will have most of January all to itself, but by the 28th, NWH would probably be pretty much out of gas anyway.

It’s very possible they are just seeing that the movie will perform better in that April spot when Spring Break is going on and just before Easter as well.

Hate to be negative but this is absolutely cause of Covid, since things are likely to get even worse than they are now, this is a win win. People who will go to theatres in January in droves are seeing Spidey, or Scream, that’s probably it. Spider-Man could have a really insane run with nothing to see in January really, plus pre Uncharted so Holland is huge atm, forgetting the other factors to see Spider-Man NWH.

They can still ride that momentum in April. It’s too close to Batman rn to be successful especially with Omicron.

I’ve seen a few speculate that while COVID surge is definitely a good excuse, it was more likely to help the numbers with this and the next fiscal quarter.

Reviews are starting to trickle in. And surprise surprise, it sucks.

Reviews are starting to trickle in. And surprise surprise, it sucks.

A film pretty much never has good reviews when they don't lift the embargo until around 24 hours before the film releases.

I'm going to skip this for now.....I dont know how they keep scewing up Venom and other characters but seem to have Spiderman down