More languages for Foreign Language Studio Tours? | Inside Universal Forums

More languages for Foreign Language Studio Tours?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't seen anything regarding this topic anywhere else on this forum, so I thought I'd make a thread about it here.

We only have Spanish and Mandarin tours available for foreign language options for the Studio Tour right now. It's understandable, since those two languages are the languages other than English most spoken in LA County. However, I think we could add some more languages to the list if the demand is high enough. If you don't speak English, Spanish, or Mandarin, I feel like there's a chance you'll miss out on some of the tour because it's in a language you don't understand. I think there could be room to add more languages to the list and linguistically open the tour up to more people.
For example, Japanese. With Super Nintendo World on the horizon, it would be nice if tours in Japanese started being offered following the new land's opening. There's also a pretty sizable Japanese population here in LA, and I think Nintendo might bring some more Japanese tourists to the park as well.

What do you guys think? What other languages could the tour be offered in?

Might as well brush the dust off of this thread. I can't help but notice that there haven't been any Mandarin tours since pre-pandemic. Early last month, I noticed that they erased the Chinese characters right next to "Español", which means USH doesn't offer Mandarin tours anymore. That's quite a shame, but with the pandemic throwing a wrench into things, I guess it was inevitable. Who knows when they'll bring the Mandarin tours back -- will they ever? It's honestly quite sad that the only foreign-language tour available these days is the Spanish tour. I guess there aren't enough Chinese tourists coming lately to justify the Mandarin tours? That's what I think anyway.

Reactions: chris.g
Wait they got rid of the Mandarin tour?

Man that sucks. I wanted to take the Mandarin tour one day just for giggles. Now I guess I will never get to do that.

Adding more language options for the Studio Tour sounds like a great idea to make it accessible to a wider range of visitors. Offering tours in Japanese, as you suggested, could be beneficial considering the significant Japanese population in LA and the potential increase in Japanese tourists due to the opening of Super Nintendo World. It's important to consider the demographics of the area and the languages spoken by the local community as well as the potential influx of tourists from specific regions.

In addition to Japanese you might add:
  1. Los Angeles has a sizable Korean population, and offering tours in Korean would cater to their language needs and potentially attract more Korean visitors.
  2. French is widely spoken around the world and is one of the official languages of many countries. Adding French tours could accommodate French-speaking visitors and tourists from francophone regions.
  3. Germany is one of the largest tourist markets in the world, and having tours available in German could be appealing to German-speaking tourists.
  4. Portuguese is spoken in several countries, including Brazil, which is a significant source of tourists. Offering tours in Portuguese could cater to the needs of Portuguese-speaking visitors.
  5. Italy is known for its strong cultural ties with the entertainment industry, and providing tours in Italian could attract Italian visitors who have an interest in Hollywood.
You might consider adding certified translation services for those who want to say longer and have documents headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriefCasey