Most Hated Attractions | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Hated Attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jurassic Park
I never ever understood why they didn't cover the first part of the ride with some vegetation, That was in the original plans for the ride.... the first river part should have had what they did in Jurassic World

Those trees covering the sky..... Why didn't they do that for the ride? it seems so obvious to make, Plus the people designing the ride even brought it up but Uni never bothered.
seems like such a dumb thing to leave out. (I Always wished the river part had more dinosaurs as well, Even if they had more dinosaurs that were statues around the river side... the ride always felt empty for me, Lack of more dinosaurs and Lack of branches and vegetation corveing the sky )

I know people hate DINOSAUR in Animal Kindom but to me Dinosaur has always felt like the TRUE Jurassic Park ride, we go in a jeep and we see twice the dinosaurs that we do in the JP ride. DINOSAUR might be a mess but I love it much more than JP because it feels like a true JP ride. you even get the Meat eating dinosaur to chase you..............:doh:

latest

Reactions: snayberry
I know people hate DINOSAUR in Animal Kindom but to me Dinosaur has always felt like the TRUE Jurassic Park ride, we go in a jeep and we see twice the dinosaurs that we do in the JP ride. DINOSAUR might be a mess but I love it much more than JP because it feels like a true JP ride. you even get the Meat eating dinosaur to chase you..............:doh:
I know I'm not in the majority but I actually prefer Dinosaur to Indiana Jones at DL. I think Dinosaur was a better use for that ride system.

US: Simpsons
IOA: Sinbad

MK: It's A Small World
EPCOT: Mission: Space
AK: Rafiki's
DHS: this is a difficult one since they removed most of the garbage but I'd have to go with: Great Movie Ride

SeaWorld: Empire of the Penguin
BGT: Stanley Falls

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wouldn't call these 'hated' attractions, just the ones I have no interest in.

USF: T2
IOA: Poseidon's Fury

MK: Enchanted Tiki Room
EPCOT: Misson: Space
DHS: Everything's been removed now.
AK: Rafiki's Planet Watch

SWO: Wild Artic
BGT: Phoenix

Plus, why is Dinosaur getting all the hate? 2nd favorite ride at AK after Everest.

Reactions: Scott W.
I enjoy most rides but my most hated are largely down to feeling they haven't quite reached the potential of what they could have been, despite actually enjoying some of them;

USF: MIB - I'm in a complete minority but me and everyone in our party preffered buzz

IOA: Dudley - Amazing final drop and always a laugh, but when you're in the same town as Splash Mountain? Please.

MK: Speedway - awful, dated and takes up prime real estate

Epcot: Imagination - offends me how a ride with the imagination title can offer so little of it. Disney could do so much better than this junk.

AK - Kali: in the same way Dudley is no splash, for Disney to cheapen out on their Rapids ride with the best one in the world down the road is bad form.

Studios: Muppets: - for all the proclaimed humor- I just don't get it.

Seaworld - Wild Artic - Worst ride in Florida

Busch - Cheetah Hunt - controversial but I made the mistake of watching ride videos before I went on and thought it was a little.....slow. It was good how it hugged the terrain, and the part with the cable car was good, but it always felt like it just lacked when it seemed to be getting going.

Last edited:
USF: Simpsons
IOA: Poisiden

MK:
Epcot: Nemo (the original ride was so so much better)
DHS: Little Mermaid (the truly hated things have already closed)
AK: Kali

SW: Wild Arctic (used to love this but get terribly motion sick on it now)

Surprised by the hate for Frozen Sing-A-Long in these parts. Not a headliner by any stretch, but Roddy managed to sneak in some child-friendly DNA from his Bill & Teds shows.
I might have to give it a shot, probably still won't like it though.
I honestly don't think many on here that say they hate it even see it much if at all. Most just see it as a waste of space, which I would agree.
Yeah I didn't even think about putting it on my list, I forgot it even existed. Unless they're singing the snow cone version of the song I'm pretty sure I'll hate it.

I absolutely hate beauty and the beast at hollywood studios. I was in a recent local production and then having to see it at hollywood studios was horrible. The ensemble doesn't even sing and the costumes are not really up to par. If you ever seen the broadway beauty and the beast on youtube you can see some crazy differences. Also the show at DHS is like 20 minutes and it's not a full show

USF- Shrek 4D
IOA- Sinbad (Sobad) Stunt

This is hard...

USF - Barney, never seen it and have no plan to ever see it. Fear Factor a close 2nd.

Don't know how you can say Barney is the worst attraction at UO if you've never seen it. It actually has a very high production value for a kids show.

I absolutely hate beauty and the beast at hollywood studios. I was in a recent local production and then having to see it at hollywood studios was horrible. The ensemble doesn't even sing and the costumes are not really up to par. If you ever seen the broadway beauty and the beast on youtube you can see some crazy differences. Also the show at DHS is like 20 minutes and it's not a full show
Completely with you here. I hate how they use a backing track, the costumes are pretty bad imo, and 20 minutes is just wayyyyyyyy too short to tell the story of a 2 hour, 2 act musical.

Don't know how you can say Barney is the worst attraction at UO if you've never seen it. It actually has a very high production value for a kids show.
Yeah it's Barney so it's pretty bad, but I have to give it credit for feeling like you pretty much stepped right into an episode. For what it is it accomplishes it pretty well.

In terms of true hatred, there's only a couple attractions I passionately dislike in Orlando. That would be Stich and Shrek. Both are wastes of time and valuable real estate. Kill them with fire.

As for ones I just happen to dislike very much:
USF: Minion Mayhem......Loved Despicable Me. Love having it in the park. But the ride system is an abomination.
IOA: Seuss Trolley.....Glad it's finally working, but it's too awkward to ride. Wish it could have been the TTA of IOA.

MK: Monsters I'd Like to Forget.....It was funny the first couple times, but it's worn out it's welcome for me.
Epcot: Implosion of Imagination with Eric Idle.....sigh.
DHS: Beauty and the Blah.....for all the reasons everyone mentioned. Can't hate Frozen since it replaced Idol.
AK: Primeval Whirl of Death.....enough said.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
USF: Shrek (obvious reasons)
IOA: SinBAD

MK: Tommorowland Speedway (Obnoxiously loud and smelly.)
Epcot: Journey into Imagination
DHS: Toy Story Mania (The low point of a great yet small lineup, this ride can't compare to MIB.)
DAK: Kali River Rapids (The low point of a great yet small lineup, this ride can't compare to other rapids rides.)

SWO: Wild Arctic (So rough, so low quality, so bad)
BGT: Scorpion (OW, I hurt my head just thinking about it!)

After reading all these most loved and most hated all I can think is there really is something for everyone in the Orlando parks. Someone's most loved is someone else's most loathed.

I can't pick a favorite. Or a most reviled. It all depends on the audience I'm doing it with or what I characterize as good or bad about an attraction.

I keep seeing Tiki Room mentioned as a hated attraction, but I would disagree. Is it my favorite, no, but I admire it every time I do it. It is THE original AA attraction, designed by WALT himself. You have to admire the history there (even if this isn't the original) and the simple charm of it all and think of how amazing it was when it first opened 50+ years ago at DL.

I get the hate of the shows like Nemo and BatB, but if you're watching with a young niece, they can be the best thing you do all day.

It's like when people rank roller coasters. How do you say that a coaster like Millennium Force is better than Big Thunder Mountain Railway? Both are excellent for completely different reasons and audiences. Almost every attraction (with relatively few exceptions) has some fan base/audience that even if it doesn't appeal to you, someone not only likes it, but it may be their favorite thing they do or see on their trip to Orlando.