Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll do any other maintenance while they have the attraction shut down. If I was Disney, I'd throw a couple extra people to do some very basic refurb work since the attraction is closed anyways.
If it was an electrical or major issue- then they might not be able to actually do any work on it- inside or otherwise.

If something got upgraded, all the better, of course.

It wasn't a bulb, but yes, the projector is down.

Most are guessing that they will go ahead and upgrade to digital so they can use it as the upcoming feature preview theater. That is why they changed the marquee. So it was coming later on down the road anyway. Doing the upgrade now before the GMR goes down for the count makes since.

Last edited:
It wasn't a bulb, but yes, the projector is down.

Most are guessing that they will go ahead and upgrade to digital so they can use it as the upcoming feature preview theater. That is why they changed the marquee. So it was coming later on down the road anyway. Doing the upgrade now before the GMR goes down for the count makes since.

Upcoming feature preview theater? So did you just confirm that Muppets is going to close eventually?

Upcoming feature preview theater? So did you just confirm that Muppets is going to close eventually?
It seems very unnecessary since they not only have the old Sounds Dangerous theatre where they're showing "Path of the Jedi" and the One Man's Dream theatre. While OMD will probably close sometime in the future, it won't be for quite a few years still.

I'd find it very peculiar if they start showing previews at the Grand Arts Theatre anytime before 2019/2020.

1. PizzaRizzo is a NY Style Pizzaria in LA.

2. All the Muppet specific detail in PizzaRizzo is simply decoration except for the sign out front.

3. The new Muppet Theater marquee has a removable Muppet*Vision attraction sign.

I have no info on it, but it is curious that this Muppetland retheme is being done in such a way the the Muppets could be removed completely from the park in about 12 hours.

2. All the Muppet specific detail in PizzaRizzo is simply decoration except for the sign out front.

3. The new Muppet Theater marquee has a removable Muppet*Vision attraction sign.

I have no info on it, but it is curious that this Muppetland retheme is being done in such a way the the Muppets could be removed completely from the park in about 12 hours.

When you put it like that.... :look:

You could take it a step further if they upgrade the projectors to digital.

I understand that but taking out an actual attraction for a movie preview makes little sense in a hurting park when they have 2 other locations they could show previews at the moment.

I agree that this is the beginning of phasing the Muppets out though.

When you put it like that.... :look:

You could take it a step further if they upgrade the projectors to digital.
The projectors were upgraded to digital in a refurb a few years ago. Just went back and looked recently.

I can't speak for the rest- but I'm pretty confident this isn't accurate. The letters are permanently affixed/built into the sign and can't just be removed like your local Fast food restaurant can. You'd have to replace the entire sign, which, again, couldn't be a big issue.

I understand that but taking out an actual attraction for a movie preview makes little sense in a hurting park when they have 2 other locations they could show previews at the moment.

I agree that this is the beginning of phasing the Muppets out though.

The projectors were upgraded to digital in a refurb a few years ago. Just went back and looked recently.
I think they want to completely remove the sounds dangerous building. They hate the claustrophobic narrow alley in front of Sci-fi Dine in. So when attention turns to Star Tours, that may go away. And One Man's Dream is also on life support. So we may be looking at Disney actually playing the long game here.

I think they want to completely remove the sounds dangerous building. They hate the claustrophobic narrow alley in front of Sci-fi Dine in. So when attention turns to Star Tours, that may go away. And One Man's Dream is also on life support. So we may be looking at Disney actually playing the long game here.
I hope they do take out the SD building and I know OMD isn't going to be around for too many more years, but we both basically said the same thing in our posts in different ways.

I said it's the beginning of phasing the Muppets out and in a prior post mentioned 2019/2020 as dates I'd be surprised if they need the Muppet theatre for previews by already.

You mentioned Star Tours, but I don't see ST/Echo Lake getting changed until after SW:GE has been open for a year or so.... which puts it at 2020.

I hope they do take out the SD building and I know OMD isn't going to be around for too many more years, but we both basically said the same thing in our posts in different ways.

I said it's the beginning of phasing the Muppets out and in a prior post mentioned 2019/2020 as dates I'd be surprised if they need the Muppet theatre for previews by already.

You mentioned Star Tours, but I don't see ST/Echo Lake getting changed until after SW:GE has been open for a year or so.... which puts it at 2020.
Yeah. They definitely need Star Tours open for capacity that first year , or two, of GE. I can envision this new Grand Ave. & Muppets area being merged & themed into a larger LA theme area in the future, with a different IP. Grand Ave., tiny & insignificant at this point in time, makes no real sense being a land unto itself, unless, it gets combined with Muppets in the future. Grand Ave. as a land, is like calling the Tangled restrooms a separate land. I definitely think there's more to this all.

I love the Muppets and wish they could successfully revive the IP. I watched The Muppet Show in "Prime Time" when I was in high school. But what they've done so far has been pretty lame. The viral videos like Bohemian Rhapsody are the only thing they've done thats is worth a crap.

I'm just looking at the writing on the wall and not liking what I'm seeing.

I love the Muppets and wish they could successfully revive the IP. I watched The Muppet Show in "Prime Time" when I was in high school. But what they've done so far has been pretty lame. The viral videos like Bohemian Rhapsody are the only thing they've done thats is worth a crap.

I'm just looking at the writing on the wall and not liking what I'm seeing.

Disney's careful approach to properties doesn't suit the Muppets well.

Disney's careful approach to properties doesn't suit the Muppets well.
The Muppets (on ABC) was actually pretty good by the end of the shows run. Unfortunately, the giant ratings that the show started off with had completely disappeared.

But the fact that there was big ratings in the beginning shows that there is still a lot of interest in the IP... Disney just has yet to figure out what to do with them.

I feel like a minor 3D show is the perfect way to implement Muppets into the park... not too major, doesn't take too much maintenance, still gives a good tribute to characters that people love. If they get evicted for another generic preview center... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.