Music Issues in the Park | Inside Universal Forums

Music Issues in the Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 30, 2013
Clermont, FL
Has anyone else noticed a gross number of issues with the background music at USF? Especially at the front of the park, around Production Central and Hollywood.

Even beyond some banal and downright WRONG music choices, I've noticed the occasional abrupt change in volume, and, not infrequently, an outright DEAFENING level on Hollywood with no rhyme nor reason.

Even worse, the balance and bleed is all wrong. I've noticed this especially at Transformers, which has somehow taken over INSIDE the 1950's themed bathrooms by Mel's.

The worst, though, is when I was once passing by the Shrek meet and greet and the Simpsons area music was playing... Thankfully, this was at least an isolated incident.

Can anyone shed some light on this. Or, better yet, does anyone know if they have plans to fix these issues?

Has anyone else noticed a gross number of issues with the background music at USF? Especially at the front of the park, around Production Central and Hollywood.

Even beyond some banal and downright WRONG music choices, I've noticed the occasional abrupt change in volume, and, not infrequently, an outright DEAFENING level on Hollywood with no rhyme nor reason.

Even worse, the balance and bleed is all wrong. I've noticed this especially at Transformers, which has somehow taken over INSIDE the 1950's themed bathrooms by Mel's.

The worst, though, is when I was once passing by the Shrek meet and greet and the Simpsons area music was playing... Thankfully, this was at least an isolated incident.

Can anyone shed some light on this. Or, better yet, does anyone know if they have plans to fix these issues?
The big issue with USF site sound right now is that it keeps cutting out due to some electrical short and interference. I've reported it but tech services hasn't fixed it yet...

I notice it...all the time. I work there:wave: It works about 75% of the time...but the issue is not the soundtrack itself, it is the speakers. Because it is not just the frontgate music, it is also the speakers looping the Transformers music by NEST that cuts in and out...I imagine the park just needs new speakers.

I finally heard the Transformer speakers crackling and cutting out the other day. Add that (towards the top) of the list if things that they need to fix.
I'm much more of a UO guy than I am Disney, but, after years of playing and working at WDW, this is not a problem I ever heard over at the Mouse.

If I remember correctly, USF and IOA have a wireless system that controls all of the park music..it seems to be malfunctioning ever since the parade moved in (coincidence maybe)...also after Cinespec the Ending theme to Apollo 13 used to play throughout the park sort of like a final goodbye type of moment..as of late that hasn't been hapening..kind of one of those details that you don't really notice until it's gone..then you really miss it..

IOA really needs updated speakers as well..the music in marvel is missing any kind of punch (almost as if the low frequencies have been cut out)..which is understandable as the speakers are over 10 years old

Here's hoping they get it fixed

The UO parade brought a new audio system with it.... that is light years ahead of the existing legacy system in the park. The park is a mish mash of old and new both with audio and lighting. It needs a cohesive, integrated park wide system. WDW parks don't have as many issues but I've heard my fair share of multiple loops playing at once or nothing at all at Epcot in particular.

There have been issues with the music the last couple of weeks. Frankly, I would love it if there was no music at all.

Yeah the music is great throughout both parks. Even though it's all movie themes I love the Production Central loop. As well as New York

I heard the speakers cutting out before CineSpec so I just started to recite lines from the T2:3D Pre-Show.