Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mythos Thoughts?

My friend said she didn't enjoy Mythos at all on her last visit as they had dropped a lot of our favorite menu items, like the Tempura Shrimp Sushi appetizer, changed the beef medallions, the bread was different, etc. I double checked and it looks like the menu is leaning more Greek now which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing but could be jarring if you're a Mythos fan of yesteryear. I guess we'll see if this refurb will bring another menu change.

I like Mythos but I've only eaten there twice. My biggest complaint is the inconsistency in the hours and that it closes so early. It's just never open when I want to eat. I stopped in once at around 4:30 pm figured I would find out how late they were open and come back. The hostess seemed unsure when they would be closing and just as she was trying to figure out what to tell me the manager came up and told her to go ahead and close after she took the next group.

I like Mythos but I've only eaten there twice. My biggest complaint is the inconsistency in the hours and that it closes so early. It's just never open when I want to eat. I stopped in once at around 4:30 pm figured I would find out how late they were open and come back. The hostess seemed unsure when they would be closing and just as she was trying to figure out what to tell me the manager came up and told her to go ahead and close after she took the next group.

My daughter picked mythos as her lunch pick for our august trip . If they get rid of the tomato soup she may hulk out.
The food imo was just ok, but it's such a wonderful looking place it makes up for not having amazing food

If you dont have to wait to be seated, I say go for it! Its not amazingly up to date but its got a great waterfall cave vibe, and excellent food and service.

We love Mythos. We missed stopping there this vacation due to the kitchen refurb. We'll be sure to eat there at least twice on our Fall trip.

Looks like the paninis are gone for good. The New York was great last year but it is good to see the beef medallions are still hanging on

I haven't been to Mythos in close to a year. Definitely time to stop in and try some of the new offerings.
filename-img-8662-jpg.jpg

Looks like the paninis are gone for good. The New York was great last year but it is good to see the beef medallions are still hanging on

I'm hoping the tomato soup is the same recipe as last June. My kids still talk about that soup. I also love how many GF options they have, not just the typical burger with gluten free bun.

I'm hoping the tomato soup is the same recipe as last June. My kids still talk about that soup. I also love how many GF options they have, not just the typical burger with gluten free bun.
The mushroom soup, back when they had it on the menu, was to die for. We often stopped there just because of it.

Yeah, same here. We missed it in May since it was closed for a refurb. Excellent restaurant, beautiful ambiance, and decent prices.
Looked like the prices have been going up. A burger and fries is now $13.99, same as NBC. I have found that meal is a good way to compare restaurant prices.