NBC Media Center | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would definitely be a cool thing to see a museum come to the Gardens of Allah area. I'm a sucker for history...I'd spend plenty of time in there. ANYTHING is better than a big empty building just sitting there taking up space!

The Psycho house and Bates motel were the first buildings to be built on the site of UOR, and I do believe the motel was used in HHN 2 or 3 as a house.

I would love a museum of some sort, especially if it focused on horror movies, HHN, and old attractions. The film studio is now 102 years old, there is a lot of old movie stuff they could pay tribute to.

it would be kind of sad if they actually build a museum but people don't care about it because it doesn't have a ride or show inside.

maybe they can just make it into another restaurant and people might go there to eat....

it would be kind of sad if they actually build a museum but people don't care about it because it doesn't have a ride or show inside.

maybe they can just make it into another restaurant and people might go there to eat....

I wouldn't be surprised if they reconfigured Cafe La Bamba to be part of the museum complex.

Sadly this is how I am. If it isnt a ride or show I'm not going to do it but only 1 time probably.

If it's like the NBC Universal Experience in Hollywood, I would welcome it! A museum about the parks history: dream come true, but I'm still dreaming. This is like bringing Back to the Future: The Ride back for next year. It would be awesome for us, but won't gel well with the General Public.

The fact that Jason Surrell just moved from WDI to UC gives me some hope that this will be done well. Surrell worked on One Man's Dream, and I think that it's a quality exhibit.

The fact that Jason Surrell just moved from WDI to UC gives me some hope that this will be done well. Surrell worked on One Man's Dream, and I think that it's a quality exhibit.

Do we know why he left Disney for UC? One would think that money has something to do with it, that and perhaps the fact that UOR is growing leaps and bounds right now.

Do we know why he left Disney for UC? One would think that money has something to do with it, that and perhaps the fact that UOR is growing leaps and bounds right now.
WDI is in a downsizing mode. It's better to leave before you are shoved. And for tenured Imagineers, it's best if they have their resume package in order.

I'm all for a Universal Museum! I would probably spend a butt load of time in there looking at all the neat stuff. Around HHN time, they could give it an overlay and have it open during HHN as an Horror Nights Museum. I think it could work!

I just watched it myself. Very well done video, Martin. It amazes me just how "cheesy" USF was when it first opened (I use that term loosely...I was never there in person before 2009 and what is hip and trendy at one time looks bad and cheesy when viewed 20+ years in the future), and how far it's come today. It also amazes me how there's almost nothing left that's original and makes me really shocked to think of what all is coming if rumors are to be believed!

Thanks for sharing!

I just watched it myself. Very well done video, Martin. It amazes me just how "cheesy" USF was when it first opened (I use that term loosely...I was never there in person before 2009 and what is hip and trendy at one time looks bad and cheesy when viewed 20+ years in the future), and how far it's come today. It also amazes me how there's almost nothing left that's original and makes me really shocked to think of what all is coming if rumors are to be believed!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheesy is a good way to describe the original USF. But back then that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Universal deserves props for moving with the times.

My friend and I were having this discussion the other day at an art museum...what is everyone's thoughts..should this Museum be a self guided tour or one where a tour guide takes you through and points out things to you...or should you have an option..personally I would pay to have someone take me through a mini museum like this

My friend and I were having this discussion the other day at an art museum...what is everyone's thoughts..should this Museum be a self guided tour or one where a tour guide takes you through and points out things to you...or should you have an option..personally I would pay to have someone take me through a mini museum like this

Personally, I wouldn't use a tour guide anywhere, except maybe Syria or the south side of Chicago. I dislike the way that they are stuck on script and make stuff up if asked a question.