Netflix House | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeventyOne

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Grace Randolph talked about this. Sounds like non-horror HHN houses set up in abandoned department stores in Dallas and King of Prussia, PA (suburb of Philadelphia). Immerse yourself in Bridgerton, Money Heist, Stranger Things, and Squid Game, with a themed food venue and a gift shop at the end. Leaves the option open to build more across the country. Not a lot of detail yet, but potentially interesting.

What the inclusion of Stranger Things means for HHN 34 and beyond, I don't know.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Grace Randolph talked about this. Sounds like non-horror HHN houses set up in abandoned department stores in Dallas and King of Prussia, PA (suburb of Philadelphia). Immerse yourself in Bridgerton, Money Heist, Stranger Things, and Squid Game, with a themed food venue and a gift shop at the end. Leaves the option open to build more across the country. Not a lot of detail yet, but potentially interesting.

What the inclusion of Stranger Things means for HHN 34 and beyond, I don't know.

This was the inevitable endpoint for Netflix's continued experimentation in location based entertainment. I suspect this will utilize elements developed for the touring Stranger Things, Brigerton, and Squid Game experiences. I would also bet they will be initially popular if priced correctly, but I fear for the longevity of a permanent installation. Will this run into the Disney Quest problem of failing to update its offerings over time, resulting in stale, largely static attractions that lose their appeal through repetition?

Netflix doing this doesn’t mean no ST5, it just means they are taking the opportunity to finally find a way to monetize ALL of their successful properties, not just Stranger Things.

This was the inevitable endpoint for Netflix's continued experimentation in location based entertainment. I suspect this will utilize elements developed for the touring Stranger Things, Brigerton, and Squid Game experiences. I would also bet they will be initially popular if priced correctly, but I fear for the longevity of a permanent installation. Will this run into the Disney Quest problem of failing to update its offerings over time, resulting in stale, largely static attractions that lose their appeal through repetition?
Not sure if in article, but Grace said it's "temporary," tho she didn't have any specifics, i.e. if this meant weeks or months. But if successful, could pick it up and move it to a dead mall in a new city.