New IOA Local Artists Shop | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New IOA Local Artists Shop

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So friggin odd I can't believe tourists sometimes

I mean... why not? Often these foreign tourists have much larger disposable incomes than we're used to (many are quite wealthy) and plan for large souvenir budgets. These shops target the "whales."

I happened to quite like the shops - they added a lot of flavor, much like the old land-specific stores in the Magic Kingdom.

Any merchandise at Universal outside of the usual shot glasses, pens, rocks, t-shirts, mugs, keychains, etc. makes me happy. There is too much slapping logos on the same generic merchandise everywhere. Harry Potter is an example of what to strive for.

Reactions: violarum
I personally liked going to the magic show from time to time. Unfortunately I am also a sucker for infomercials that bought all of the tricks except the flaming wallet for my step-daughters birthday about 2 years agoish. Sadly enough I have several unopened boxes of magic tricks sitting in my desk right now.

Yeah you have a point fallow but the shops were never popular because that was a rare occurance to begin with. Reason why almost all of them closed down

Keeping in mind the kind of store that was there originally, I find it hard to believe that this will find much success except for locals. Small items like soaps and ceramics might do well but artwork, I cannot imagine. Are those funerary death red curtains off the windows?

(gawd, I love to embellish a sentence)

Maybe they're trying to catch the same lightning in a bottle that P!Q in CityWalk did when they started using local vendors. I loved that store in the first place, and it's only gotten better since they started carrying local art.
I don't think it'll work, though, given the drastic difference in product.

Still very great though, hope they make universal fan schlock sometime in the future. Other artists have made some amazing prints already. Just hire those dudes

Reactions: Gillman
Disney uses some local artists in their art stores to make Disney art. So I could see them bringing in some people to do some Universal specific art.

Still very great though, hope they make universal fan schlock sometime in the future. Other artists have made some amazing prints already. Just hire those dudes
I'd like to second this. Sure they might have problems with licensing approval on stuff like Potter. However, it would be great to see an art store with work based on Universal attractions and films on property somewhere.

Reactions: Cole
Every theme park fan knows you don't have to carry around merchandise with you. They will deliver it to the front of the park gift shop for package pickup.

Reactions: tielo
I would love a watercolor painting of the IOA lighthouse...if only I could paint haha

And yes, the package pick-up is very handy..saved me some hassle

Reactions: Cole
I would love a watercolor painting of the IOA lighthouse...if only I could paint haha

And yes, the package pick-up is very handy..saved me some hassle
You could have had a nice print when the park first opened.