New Jurassic World film (2025) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

New Jurassic World film (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It sounds like with the island setting they are trying to go more back to basics vs the more high tech look of the 2015-2021 trilogy. Sometimes basic is better.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I'm so intrigued by the location choice and the sets with ruins. There is one plot rumor floating around (grain of salt ofc) that sounds fun even if half true.

[]

I'm so intrigued by the location choice and the sets with ruins. There is one plot rumor floating around (grain of salt ofc) that sounds fun even if half true.

[]

In this universe, can't you literally grab a beer and find some dinos just chilling in the woods.

[]

This sounds much, much more adult in nature than what I'd expect the film to actually turn out to be. Wouldn't be surprised if it was about rescuing a group of tourists but I would be shocked it the movie wasn't still something they could market to all age demos and this sounds a little too R rated for that.

Reactions: belloq87
What if it's some knock-off Jurassic park on a different island? Much cheaper, not the same level of safety controls. Things go wrong, and a rescue team is called in to rescue the tourists trapped there. Could be interesting, but I'm VERY skeptical. Dominion soured me on the entire franchise. As of now, I'm still in the camp of: We don't need any more Jurassic Park/World films. Let dead dinos lie. "Sometimes, dead is better."

Reactions: fryoj
What if it's some knock-off Jurassic park on a different island? Much cheaper, not the same level of safety controls. Things go wrong, and a rescue team is called in to rescue the tourists trapped there. Could be interesting, but I'm VERY skeptical. Dominion soured me on the entire franchise. As of now, I'm still in the camp of: We don't need any more Jurassic Park/World films. Let dead dinos lie. "Sometimes, dead is better."
I like the idea of some shyster opening "Triassic Park" and it going very badly.

2025 is gonna be insane for Universal if this is truly coming out next year. Easily has $800 million at least potential box office here.
It's Jurassic Park, it's going to make billions and billions, especially with the critically-received Chaos Theory and the upcoming Jurassic Park: Survival. That franchise might as well go on by the time this decade ends.

[]

I'm not a hater, but I wish the Jurassic Park franchise would come up with something new instead of rehashing the same plot and scenes. It was one of the biggest complaints in Fallen Kingdom when you see plots and scenery being rehashed from the 1993-2001 JP movies.

In this universe, can't you literally grab a beer and find some dinos just chilling in the woods.

This sounds much, much more adult in nature than what I'd expect the film to actually turn out to be. Wouldn't be surprised if it was about rescuing a group of tourists but I would be shocked it the movie wasn't still something they could market to all age demos and this sounds a little too R rated for that.
If this movie is tonally similar to The Lost World then I'm happy. I think a grittier JP movie post the more fun adventurey JW films would be a nice change of pace.