New Music For Rockit? | Inside Universal Forums

New Music For Rockit?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 8, 2013
Is there a possibility that Universal could add new songs to HRRR in the future.
The club/electronic, country, and pop sections could be updated to have more recent songs that people can recognize better.
What songs would you guys think could work for the ride, and when do you think the earliest Universal could do this?

It's possible..but not for a while seeing as the queue vids would have to be redone, I would assume they were edited for such easy changes though so it is a possibility

Changing songs is pretty trivial from what I understand, including the queue video. The big thing is deciding they want to pay for the licensing of new songs. I don't know what kind of deal they have for the current songs, but that would likely shed light on how likely this is to happen.

Alternative music like Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Green Day Nirvana would be AMAZING.

DO they have a nirvana song on the ride??

"They could probably add some secret songs without too much of a hassle."

They already do. I find it hilarious that songs from a Disney property (the Muppets) are on HRRR.

alternative music like imagine dragons, fall out boy, green day nirvana would be amazing.

Do they have a nirvana song on the ride??
yes please!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Alternative music like Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Green Day Nirvana would be AMAZING.

DO they have a nirvana song on the ride??
YES PLEASE!!!
Just what I always thought it needed. You would never get me off the ride if they did that.

It's possible..but not for a while seeing as the queue vids would have to be redone, I would assume they were edited for such easy changes though so it is a possibility
Changing songs is pretty trivial from what I understand, including the queue video. The big thing is deciding they want to pay for the licensing of new songs. I don't know what kind of deal they have for the current songs, but that would likely shed light on how likely this is to happen.

Correct. The whole system was put together to be able to swap songs out easily, including the queue video. They originally thought about having special menus for special events (Rock the Universe, HHN, Ect) but it would be a giant pain to switch over between the day and the event. It's easy but time consuming (They would have to plug into each in seat console individually).

They could probably add some secret songs without too much of a hassle.
They already do. I find it hilarious that songs from a Disney property (the Muppets) are on HRRR.
I suspect he intended to say add new hidden songs, not add them in general.

"They could probably add some secret songs without too much of a hassle."

NBC used to own the Muppets, so that's why. Actually, if you ever sit down outside Spongebob Storepants long enough, you'll hear "Mahna Mahna" playing almost constantly.

NBC used to own the Muppets, so that's why. Actually, if you ever sit down outside Spongebob Storepants long enough, you'll hear "Mahna Mahna" playing almost constantly.

It's in a much longer list of songs which are hidden. When did NBC own the Muppets?

It's in a much longer list of songs which are hidden. When did NBC own the Muppets?
Oh, trust me I know. I even have the app which says which number corresponds to which song. :lol:

And I misspoke about ownership. They had the TV rights as The Muppet Show aired on TV. The song does to this day play on a loop in the park, though.

I really wouldn't mind if they updated some of the genres, just as long as they don't change anything in the rock genre. I still need to listen to Gimme All Your Lovin, by ZZ Top and probably wanna listen to Kickstart My Heart again.

I wish they would add Judas Priest - Painkiller from the secret list to the normal selection, i think it works really well with the ride, try it when you next get the chance, the code is 710.

Oh, trust me I know. I even have the app which says which number corresponds to which song. :lol:

And I misspoke about ownership. They had the TV rights as The Muppet Show aired on TV. The song does to this day play on a loop in the park, though.

What app is this?