New Project for Dinoland? | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo...I wouldn't be opposed to a Ta Lo land honestly. Historical mythical creatures, adjacent to the Asia land, themed to a modern big-name IP. Don't know if Shang-Chi passes the Marvel Contract test or not, but it's a much better idea than Wakanda in World Showcase at least.

Reactions: belloq87
Sooooo...I wouldn't be opposed to a Ta Lo land honestly. Historical mythical creatures, adjacent to the Asia land, themed to a modern big-name IP. Don't know if Shang-Chi passes the Marvel Contract test or not, but it's a much better idea than Wakanda in World Showcase at least.

I wouldn't hate this, but I wouldn't want to lose Dinoland for it.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Honestly, DinoLand USA is kinda nothing. I like Dinosaur, and the idea of a Dinosaur themed land at Disney World, but Jurassic Park is a superior Dinoland in every concievable way especially after VC. With no signs of movement on the Dinosaur front for Disney, I'll take anything over Dinorama. Leave CtE and a gift shop if you can, but otherwise rip and tear. I'm over it.

Honestly, DinoLand USA is kinda nothing. I like Dinosaur, and the idea of a Dinosaur themed land at Disney World, but Jurassic Park is a superior Dinoland in every concievable way especially after VC. With no signs of movement on the Dinosaur front for Disney, I'll take anything over Dinorama. Leave CtE and a gift shop if you can, but otherwise rip and tear. I'm over it.
I'm for keeping Dinosaur, but honestly, what are we losing if they actually did something with the rest of the land? It feels like an abandoned land at the moment and there's not much redeeming about it. The DinoRama area specifically.
When I say I don't want to lose Dinoland, what I'm really saying is I don't want Dinosaur to go away or be rethemed.

However, if you're just keeping the Dino Institute area, are you carving that out for its own mini-land? And is there even enough land outside of that (meaning DinoRama) to build a fully-fledged land? Or would we end up with two disconnected, disjointed mini-lands?

Factoring all of that in, here's my order of preference:

1. DinoRama goes away for a dinosaur-themed expansion.
2. DinoRama goes away for some other expansion (not ZOOTOPIA), while the Dinosaur ride remains as its own mini-land.
....massive drop-off....
3. The entirety of Dinoland is demolished or rethemed.

We don’t need to loose another attraction so they definitely need to either rebuild the land with MORE attractions or add to it. Retheming is not my preference but I would be okay if the IP is good.

Reactions: belloq87

Plus, Universal Beijing finally opened a theme park dinosaur park with a dark ride where dinosaurs chase you and a family roller coaster...

We don’t need to loose another attraction so they definitely need to either rebuild the land with MORE attractions or add to it. Retheming is not my preference but I would be okay if the IP is good.
I understand DAK needs more attractions, so genuine expansion would be nice, but DinoRama also needs to be dealt with. It’s trashy and all but abandoned. This area can house an actual E-ticket, a C-ticket, AND keep Dinosaur (along with the theater). It would turn it from the worst land in the park to potentially the best all-around land.

So back to Primeval Whirl demo for a second. They seem to have given up on slowly removing individual pieces...
primeval-whirl-demolition-4.jpg

primeval-whirl-demolition-5.jpg

I love the concept behind Chester and Hester. But the better bet is, likely, expand the Dino Institute from a single building to a full “campus” around the dinosaur garden. Clean lines and an institutional “look” would stand out from the rest of the park and JP down the road. Add an omnimover “tour” (similar to Imagination Institute) where we discover all the other dinosaurs brought back in various time rover trips and learn about the institution’s mission. Throw in a flat themed to a new excavation technology. Create a “food court.” Update the play area. And enjoy.

I know we are getting into blue sky territory here, but adding a few flats for children and a standard vekoma skater would do well here. Kids still don't have many options at DAK.

I know we are getting into blue sky territory here, but adding a few flats for children and a standard vekoma skater would do well here. Kids still don't have many options at DAK.
I mean of the 8 rides in the park, kids can go on Triceratops, Kilimanjaro, Na'vi River Journey (all no height requirement), along with the Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch (and Rafiki's in general), It's Tough To Be A Bug, FotLK and Nemo. The only thing that has a height requirement over 40" in the park is Flight of Passage at 44".

I'm all for kids having things to do, but I don't like all kid focused areas. That's not why these parks were created either. They were created so that people of all ages could have fun together, not just the Pre-K's.

Status
Not open for further replies.