New Seasonal Pass Option | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Seasonal Pass Option

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't Seasonal make more sense for you guys now? Just curious.

We did two power and one preferred last time. It worked well because you could get in one park during the summer and the price difference was pretty big. It looks like Power is the worst pass for locals now. If you come 3 or more times Preferred should be the pass you get. Interesting move since Disney was looking or people to downgrade their pass, Universal is almost looking for people to upgrade from Power to Preferred. Maybe some will downgrade from Power to Seasonal?
I'd like to make a Mardi Gras show one of these days, so the Seasonal doesn't work, plus right now there's no renewal special rates for it. My power renewal rate is just $185. Such a bargain for 25 to 28 days at Universal 9less than $8 a day). Love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL and Mike S
Renewed yesterday as well for $225. I am curious what the renew rates went up to.
I'm curious about this, too. I asked UO on their Twitter page and will post here if I get anything back. We are out-of-state and just renewed our Preferred Passes in May for $260 each including taxes. I'm really curious what the new renewal rates are going to be.

Edit - I just went out on the AP site and it says the renewal now is $225 plus tax so I guess it didn't go up???

Last edited:
This seems like a shot to families to me. We've had 2 Preferred and 2 Power Passes for the girls. The new perks with the Power Pass don't really matter since they don't drive, summer blackouts are usually lifted, but do we try to hit up Mardi Gras a few times. That is the only benefit I see to this, which if that is the case I think they should definitely be bringing in some bigger name shows along the lines of Fall Out Boy consistently. Luckily the girls and my passes renewed at the end of June so it doesn't impact us really yet.

Trying to get the Mrs' pass renewed (expires in Dec) since the website is still showing $225 on the website but their systems are conveniently down right now and they can't process a payment.

I've been wondering, since passes are plastic now, so for people who buy a new pass, does that mean you can't use the will call kiosk anymore to pick them up?

We're tourists who stay on site, so as you said, the power pass works best for us. The first time I did a power pass & the next level up (two of us), figuring the discounts would more than pay for the one upgrade. But, half the time I would forget to ask for the discount, so I never did that again. And the blockout dates didn't affect us since we come in May, Sept. & Oct.

Thank you! This is totally us. Glad to see we weren't the only ones who kept forgetting to use our old preferred passes for the discounts. Always remembered when we got back to the hotel. :bang:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Reactions: Mike S
What is the purpose of the power pass? Only $30 cheaper from the next level, but have to pay $10 parking.
I would guess this will be the "kids" pass. Mom and/or dad buys the next level higher since they have to park, but the kids don't need parking. People do this at SeaWorld all the time, buying 1 season pass for the parent and the kids get fun cards.

You have some mistakes on the article.

Black out dates: Power Pass is blacked out for same dates as seasonal excluding Summer.

Concerts: if there is a concert at a park Seasonal cannot access that park for the entirety of the day. Power Pass can attend concerts even if it is a black out date as long as you come after 5:00 PM

That line has been corrected.

Reactions: MrRoamer and Mike S
So what were the prices prior to this increase? I know when Disney did this (considered 2nd increase in the same year) only some of the ticket prices went up, so did they all go up or was it a mix bag like Disney?

So what were the prices prior to this increase? I know when Disney did this (considered 2nd increase in the same year) only some of the ticket prices went up, so did they all go up or was it a mix bag like Disney?

This was the price increase in April compared to the previous year.

Florida Residents:
Power Pass: $214.99 to $234.99 (9.3% increase)
Preferred Pass: $299.99 to $309.99 (3.3% increase)
Premier Pass: $429.99 to $444.99 (3.5% increase)

Non-Florida Residents:
Power Pass: $239.99 to $259.99 (8.3% increase)
Preferred Pass: $334.99 to $344.99 (3% increase)
Premier Pass: $479.99 to $494.99 (3.1% increase)

I'm thinking these new prices are part of the Volcano Bay bump. The blog post says more to come later. I'm thinking this was set up so when VB benefits are announced, it's seen as a strong movie. I don't foresee prices jumping up much higher (if at all) when that time comes.

Reactions: Mike S
More importantly it isn't their system, it's easier to give away something when you're only paying your cost. I do think they should follow Disney in the free parking for all passes though.

Yeah, I can't fault them for it. But it would be great if they could internalize it. It's really my favorite perk on my Disney pass. And I'm with you on the parking. Most painful part of any trip is the parking fees.

Yeah, I can't fault them for it. But it would be great if they could internalize it. It's really my favorite perk on my Disney pass. And I'm with you on the parking. Most painful part of any trip is the parking fees.

I think the difference is WDW has the space for parking, and UO isn't as blessed; especially with Volcano Bay on the way. $10 parking for Power I think is fair when you're trying to deter overcrowding.

Reactions: jtsalien and Mike S
This was the price increase in April compared to the previous year.

Florida Residents:
Power Pass: $214.99 to $234.99 (9.3% increase)
Preferred Pass: $299.99 to $309.99 (3.3% increase)
Premier Pass: $429.99 to $444.99 (3.5% increase)

Non-Florida Residents:
Power Pass: $239.99 to $259.99 (8.3% increase)
Preferred Pass: $334.99 to $344.99 (3% increase)
Premier Pass: $479.99 to $494.99 (3.1% increase)

I'm thinking these new prices are part of the Volcano Bay bump. The blog post says more to come later. I'm thinking this was set up so when VB benefits are announced, it's seen as a strong movie. I don't foresee prices jumping up much higher (if at all) when that time comes.

So looking at that and the new prices

Florida Residents
**Seasonal – $259.99 = 234.99 - 10.6% on top of the 9.3% in April
Power – $319.99 = There is no pass to compare to this one as this is really the new pass
Preferred – $349.99 = 309.99 - 12.9% on top of the 3.3% in April
Premier – $489.99 = 444.99 - 10.1% on top of the 3.5% in April

Regular Pricing
**Seasonal – $284.99 = 259.99 - 9.6% on top of the 8.3% in April
Power – $344.99 = There is no pass to compare to this one as this is really the new pass
Preferred – $384.99 = 344.99 - 11.6% on top of the 3% in April
Premier – $539.99 = 494.99 - 9.1% on top of the 3.1% in April

** Basically the old power is now Seasonal only with more black out dates

I am hoping Bri is right and that Volcano Bay will just be added to these passes with no increase. Because that is a pretty big increase. The only benefit added to the top two is early access and the old Power Pass actually gains black out days and no benefits added while the price goes up 9.6% to 10.6%.

How soon can you renew a pass? I was able to renew my wife's power pass (which renews in September anyways) but when I try to renew my son's it won't let me. His isn't up for renewal until November. So how soon can you renew? Is it too soon for his? I haven't called yet. Only tried online

I wonder how the no admission to Mardi Gras concerts will be handled as usually the concert area is freely open for anyone to walk into. Will seasonal pass holders just not be able to enter the park on concert days?

Adding the early park admission was a smart choice. It adds a benefit to the passes while not actually requiring anything additional on their end. Especially because most AP holders won't be using it anyways.