Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I was wrong. As I got off of I-4 on the westbound Sand Lake exit I saw that the RCP has been moved. But it is all still there.

Isn't the water sucker pvc still there? Little will happen until it is sucking dry bubbles for days extra. It is a curious system I have never seen the likes of outside of Florida.

I wouldn't expect much more than a name and intentionally vague concept art at this point. Much like the initial Diagon Alley and Kong announcements. Just enough to get people excited, but no real firm details. Lots of little hints to cause rampant speculation (like the Diagon Dragon did!)

I'll go one further and guess that it will be the entrance with the sign and the volcano off in the distance. The second will be of the wave pool prominently featuring the volcano backdrop. That way it doesn't give too much away.

Last edited:
Thinking about concept art is making me really excited for this project all over again. Should be so cool, especially if the tropical tiki vibe really pops in the art.

I could see them showing off a bit more than they had with Kong or Diagon this time around, there is no where for them to hide what they are doing unless it is inside the volcano

So since we are expecting this to open around Spring 2017 or so, do you guys think they will just close up shop on WnW sometime around then (or possibly even before to get started on something new), or will they continue with two water parks for awhile?

I think they'll continue with two. With Wet N Wild offsite it serves a different clientele. With the onsite park, its goal will be to get onsite visitors to attend, which isn't really Wet N Wild's position currently. Wet N Wild will continue to serve I-Drive, and Volcano Bay will serve UOR.

When I went WnW it did not seem family friendly, which VB is going to need to be. Some of the people I encountered at WnW can stay there!

I would imagine WnW will shut down in Jan 2017. Just a hunch, but it makes sense to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if it shut down September/October 2016 tbh. Surely they have something in mind for the property, why not get started ASAP if a new water park is on the way?

If they do close WnW, I would hope it would overlap with the opening of VB. From an occupational standpoint, that way the TMs at WnW will have less of a unemployment gap between the two parks - that is, if they choose to apply for positions at VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.