Next Attraction To Go? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't the attraction rumored to be 'very New York'? Is that still true with the ride system that we are discussing?

It would be funny if universal fast tracked a 1 theatre ride with the exact same ride style as avatar just to spite them and have it open earlier.

For Despicable Me, there are a total of 12 transformation pods in the theater (4 per level), each holding 8 people, for a total of 96 people, plus 19 stationary seats for a total of 115.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again....please be How to Train Your Dragon. I know Dreamworks and Universal have had their creative differences...but this would be so cool and it's the best property I can think of for a "flight" simulator.
I like your thinking! But I also want How to Train Your Dragon to have an entire land (or park). It is THAT good. No questions on that.

It would be funny if universal fast tracked a 1 theatre ride with the exact same ride style as avatar just to spite them and have it open earlier.
Yeah, I mentioned over at Magic that I thought that this may be Uni trying to kneecap Avatar with a very similar ride experience 2 years before Avatarland opens.

If so, I like how Uni waited until Disney was fully committed and then slam, Disney's 2 years behind the curve again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mentioned over at Magic that I thought that this may be Uni trying to kneecap Avatar with a very similar ride experience 2 years before Avatarland opens.

If so, I like how Uni waited until Disney was fully committed and then slam, Disney's 2 years behind the curve again.

True, the picture that was recently posted could easily fit in Soundstage 50. It is a really large building, despite all the hutspuh and henny penny about it being small. Wild that Uni could be that nimble, turn on a dime. If they have turned on a dime.

This would be incredible if they kept the same Twister franchise in place, like the other person said above, with all the wind, water effects, etc. There are just so many possibilities they could go with it in that theme. I'd much rather fly through a Twister than fly through New York.

For Despicable Me, there are a total of 12 transformation pods in the theater (4 per level), each holding 8 people, for a total of 96 people, plus 19 stationary seats for a total of 115.

Thank you! So if true, this would have even less capacity but hey...

I haven't posted here in a while Now that the semester is over I have more time. :D I'm going to share my two cents on Twister:

I enjoyed Twister as a nice time kill attraction. When you hit all of the rides, this was a nice way to just kill time and enjoy...and see Bill Paxton. I personally enjoyed it as an attraction to have your face blown off in. That being said, I'm not completely on board with this replacement likely to be akin to Soarin'. It's a good use of space, I'll admit, but....ugh. USF has way too many simulator rides. Simpsons, DM, Transformers, Shrek, Simpsons, Potter...it's just too much. I would have preferred a return of the Ghostbusters show, honestly. I don't want another ride where we have to wear 3D glasses, move in front of a screen, and have water sprayed on us.

I'm expecting movement very soon after the Xmas rush...

I would wish that after they do Twister they could put some classic monsters dark ride where Shrek and Lucy is. At least that way they remove a screen for building a screen. Then if they want do Shrek in kid zone if whatever was supposed to go there fell through.

I'm expecting movement very soon after the Xmas rush...

How soon after the Christmas rush? I'm flying in on Jan. 2nd for my Orlando vacation. The bulk of my Universal time is after the "Christmas Rush" Jan. 6th - 10th. I'm also planning on taking arrival day on the 2nd to go to Universal to see the Christmas festivities. Should I plan on taking time the 2nd for one final spin on the likely suspects (Twister and Disaster) or am I safe waiting until the next week? Given the crowds I'm expecting the 2nd, I wasn't planning on riding anything that didn't have a single rider like or was going down for imminent refurbishment.

Last edited:
How soon after the Christmas rush? I'm flying in on Jan. 2nd for my Orlando vacation. The bulk of my Universal time is after the "Christmas Rush" Jan. 6th - 10th. I'm also planning on taking arrival day on the 2nd to go to Universal to see the Christmas festivities. Should I plan on taking time the 2nd for one final spin on the likely suspects (Twister and Disaster) or am I safe waiting until the next week? Given the crowds I'm expecting the 2nd, I wasn't planning on riding anything that didn't have a single rider like or was going down for imminent refurbishment.

Dec 21-Jan 3 is considered "peak season", which is synonymous with "Christmas Rush"....so you're safe