Next Attraction To Go? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
T2 is outdated and the Terminator franchise isn't all that popular these days. They made a new movie with Arnold returning and it didn't even make 100 million at the box office domestically. I like the attraction, but with Disaster and Twister closing plus all of KidZone.....T2 is quickly rising up to the top of the list of outdated attractions that could go on the chopping block. I suspect it's safe for the time being, and I doubt Universal has any serious plans for a replacement. But if it can close in Hollywood, it can close in Florida too. Just got to wait for the right IP to come along.

It's crazy to see how fast things have changed at USF. Once everything we know is closing officially closes by next summer. ET, T2 and the Horror Make Up Show are the only remaining attractions left that were opened in the 1990s. I guess the Blues Brothers too if you count them, but they just recently got booted out of USH so who knows if they stick around either...

T2 is outdated and the Terminator franchise isn't all that popular these days. They made a new movie with Arnold returning and it didn't even make 100 million at the box office domestically. I like the attraction, but with Disaster and Twister closing plus all of KidZone.....T2 is quickly rising up to the top of the list of outdated attractions that could go on the chopping block. I suspect it's safe for the time being, and I doubt Universal has any serious plans for a replacement. But if it can close in Hollywood, it can close in Florida too. Just got to wait for the right IP to come along.

It's crazy to see how fast things have changed at USF. Once everything we know is closing officially closes by next summer. ET, T2 and the Horror Make Up Show are the only remaining attractions left that were opened in the 1990s. I guess the Blues Brothers too if you count them, but they just recently got booted out of USH so who knows if they stick around either...

It's not closing anytime soon. But I would look for a 4k upgrade in the near future including a refurb of the pre-show video.

Reactions: sarahphoenix

I think T2 is a great show, I'd rather watch it than ride Transformers (which I think is a missed opportunity on an amazing ride :thumbsdown:).. Also, saying it's "outdated" is debatable. I think the Mummy is outdated, but is an excellent ride that's not going anywhere for awhile. T2 is one of the best sequels of all time next to Empire Strikes Back and BTTF Part 2.

Reactions: sarahphoenix
An outdated roller coaster will win people over an outdated 3-D theater show. But both attractions could be on the chopping block at this point. Anything that isn't Potter or recently built by Comcast could go if the right opportunity comes up. Universal isn't interested in running a museum, they are always looking to update and keep things fresh.

On a slightly different note, I stopped in at USF this morning for a final good bye ride to Disaster. It was actually one of my better experiences with the attraction, which I'm glad for. Still not going to miss it though. On to something better.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Terminator will have to go eventually, but I think it's got quite a few years left, just like Shrek (ugh).

Disaster was a fantastic, well-rounded attraction and I'm sad to see it go. It managed to adapt from the dated "behind the scenes" look to a post-modern "here's a fun story/experience told via the behind the scenes lens."

It was really intended for not-often vacationers, not repeat guests, so it's not surprising the locals don't care for it. Wish it was getting a better replacement.

Just wondering could it be a option in the future to use the fear factor site for a new attraction and use t2 for bill and Ted?

I hope Mummy and T2 just get upgrades, especially Mummy. I see no reason to shut it down.

And I'm not ready to say Disaster is being replaced with something "better" until I see it. From what I've read, I'm not buying it being better. Different and new doesn't always equal better.

Reactions: Cheezbat
So, now we know Disaster and Beatlejuice are going down, does this mean that Twister is staying or is this still on the "to go" list?
I must say I love twister - the film and the attraction.

The permit has already been filed to can Twister a couple months ago. It is quite sad, and I can't wait to go to the final church service with Pastor Bill Paxton.

The permit has already been filed to can Twister a couple months ago. It is quite sad, and I can't wait to go to the final church service with Pastor Bill Paxton.

I'm hoping to get one last shot at it at the beginning of next month. I have a slight tinge of regret for not doing Disaster when I was there last fall.

I'm hoping to get one last shot at it at the beginning of next month. I have a slight tinge of regret for not doing Disaster when I was there last fall.

You and me both. I went for the first time in October, and just didn't get to it. Figured I could this year. Wrongo.