Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream (HHN 32) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure where this "trilogy" idea started but the second show was basically a remake of the first, albeit finally with the actual HNF actors. And the third was only slightly tweaked. It's not like there's an overarching story arc.

B&T ran close to 30 years before Legal killed it. AoV ran 3 or 4 years before its creator's actions forced Legal to kill it. This show is wildly popular, barring outside pressure, I think Universal backs the truck up to keep it going.

Starts at 43:00
“Third in a trilogy”

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not sure where this "trilogy" idea started but the second show was basically a remake of the first, albeit finally with the actual HNF actors. And the third was only slightly tweaked. It's not like there's an overarching story arc.

B&T ran close to 30 years before Legal killed it. AoV ran 3 or 4 years before its creator's actions forced Legal to kill it. This show is wildly popular, barring outside pressure, I think Universal backs the truck up to keep it going.
I'd argue differently regarding this year's show. The dancer in the trench coat I believe is very much meant to be the First Dreamer, now serving the Nightmare. Also the ending of the show being the Nightmare Queen's death opens up a lot of questions about the story and world: Was the Nightmare King a Dreamer before? Were ALL of the Nightmare minions a Dreamer at some point?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
image.png

Link

I'd argue differently regarding this year's show. The dancer in the trench coat I believe is very much meant to be the First Dreamer, now serving the Nightmare. Also the ending of the show being the Nightmare Queen's death opens up a lot of questions about the story and world: Was the Nightmare King a Dreamer before? Were ALL of the Nightmare minions a Dreamer at some point?

I wonder what happened to the guy last year.

I doubt that they put much thought into any sort of lore. And in this case, that's okay.

Reactions: SeventyOne
IIRC, I believe he was actually one of the Oddfellow scareactors this year!
No way! I didn't know this. Was he in the Oddfellow's Twisted Origins house or one of the Scare Zones? I thought the main Oddfellow in Collection of Horror was always the same actor.

Last edited:
Did no one put it together that it might be the "end" of the current trilogy? They could always pull a Star Wars and have their "somehow Palpatine is back" moment with the Nightmare Queen.

The show is insanely popular, and will continue to come back for as long as they can. Hence my push towards having a 2nd show versus an 11th house, but that's a separate discussion.

The show being considered a series only came around this year because of some light continuity with the dreamers, queen, and bed framing device. They clearly set up another Nightmare Queen with a full new costume. I think it's silly to think they'd stop because "the story is done!" or something. Like what story? haha

Starts at 43:00
“Third in a trilogy”

Reactions: HHN Maddux
My point stands. It's about as retroactive of a trilogy as you can get. The show has no reason to not return based on a perception of preserving storylines or whatever. Do another Nightmare Fuel with a new framing device, some new visuals, and the new Nightmare Queen dressed in black from Revenge Dream and there'd be no issues.

This is all also assuming most people who were watching HNF this year were there for the plot anyways.