Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original plans were fantastic but looking at it now, it was kinda unrealistic especially with one restuarant so I guess my excitement is back up. So with the amount of space left due to the attractions that were on the plan that are now not. are the plans for Yoshi, Mario, and DK now larger in size and scope? Especially if there are no flat rides anymore?

What i didnt get was that the one restaurant was directly across the path from the existing restaurant in that area. And serving the same food.

So, little bit baffled - as it showed that old restaurant and ET ride not being demolished.

Per the original plan, the Nintendo exit is but the current ET entrance (the exist in peace and harmony). Kinda where they have the entrance to the line for parade building HHN house.

well he's right about one thing, you're such a dope!

Brian G = Verbal Kent/Keyser Soze (he is the architect of all of this)
Teebin = Dean Keeton
Mad Dog = Fenster
Jungle Skip = McManus

The rest of us are supporting characters. I'm probably one of the chumps on the boat who get gunned down after a second of screentime.

sooo.. anyone want to elaborate what this is?

Reactions: Scott W.
;)2021 Future TV Commercial.....Sydney Crosby and The Pittsburgh Penguins, winner of six straight Stanley Cups :dance:, are going to Bowser's Castle in Super Nintendo Land, Universal Studios, Orlando. :clap:''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood (Fred Rogers)

Same here. Flat rides add to the atmosphere, so I hope we get some. As for Yoshi, I want it to come (but still keep ET) if for nothing else than to be able to view that FANTASTIC outside part with the flag on top. Without that, it won't really seem like the Mushroom Kingdom to me.

The only part in the art shown that bothers me is the one for the Donkey Kong ride. Seems like a simple outside roller coaster that has "jumps." That's fine and all, but I think of how it could be SO MUCH better if they made it an indoor roller coaster in caves. That way you wouldn't see how the jump works and also it would feel just like the game.

What's another major Mario universe character they could squeeze in there? With Zelda and Kirby both gone, that leaves yoshi and... ?

Toad, Toadette, Rosalina, Wario, and Waluigi were all just recently approved for expanded merchandising. Which puts them in the same category with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Bowser now.

Not sure if it affects how they'll use them in the Parks, but I'm pretty sure it bodes well for those characters having some sort of presence. Shows at least that there are some more options left for flat ride theming and such should they go forward with any.

Also, I can't imagine Donkey Kong ride not being mostly indoor.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
;)2021 Future TV Commercial.....Sydney Crosby and The Pittsburgh Penguins, winner of six straight Stanley Cups :dance:, are going to Bowser's Castle in Super Nintendo Land, Universal Studios, Orlando. :clap:''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood (Fred Rogers)
My cousin said after the lockout that the salary cap would be the best thing to ever happen to the penguins. He was totally right.

There are a lot of flat rides they could have fitting Nintendo theme that would round out the area and stretch the crowds a little bit. When the average headliner at Disney and Universal is over 100 million, it seems silly to not add some capacity where it makes sense.

Reactions: Mad Dog
How are they just hiring for this now? Didn't they just have the groundbreaking ceremony? This position should have been filled already and they should be on site. Unless they have one who will be leaving the job soon, this makes no sense.

Earliest job related to the project was in March. That was 3D and CAD. The art design and such just was posted in May.

These projects aren't nearly as done as people would think.

Reactions: Jon84
Earliest job related to the project was in March. That was 3D and CAD. The art design and such just was posted in May.

I'm surprised they'd hire their own 3D/CAD engineers, don't they outsource stuff like that to help keep costs down? Or maybe these positions are for rendering mockups and then the architecture/contractor firms take over?

EDIT: Just read the description, it's the second part exactly. From the description: "Design Phase: Assists the Project Manager, Facility with the review of all of the various design phase submittals from the outside architects and engineers."

It's just mind boggling that projects this large can be this unorganized. I get that everything isn't completely fleshed out and theres tons of detail work to be figured out. Hell I'm sure the actual ride systems aren't even really decided on. But hell, a construction manager?? Especially since its going to possibly involve moving to another country for a few years, that one should have been nailed down, on site, and in on everything before "groundbreaking". I would have a conniption fit if I was part of a project where we didn't have plans, approvals, and know who we were using for pretty much everything before the first piece of equipment hit the site. I think if I was in on one of these deals, I'd need a truckload of valium. lol

I'm sure they have exact plans and a manager for land clearing prior to actual construction to begin after land is prepared. So, ready for "groundbreaking" in that sense.

Okay so I just had to read ten pages of true excitement. The level of hype for this thing is through the roof for me. I'd be fine if they save Hyeule and Pokémon for other attractions, replacing Hyrule with Yoshi dark ride. But I truly believe they need to keep those flats in this land. Flats add a lot to a park. In 2000-2007 Six Flags removed nearly every flat they had basically and you were stuck with roller coasters, kid area, or waterpark. Oh just can't have that. Flats add something to a park that major rides can't. And Nintendo has so much potential for flats. The amount of money I would pay to spin around in a Koopa shell is exponential. And then riding BULLET BILL! My god. But I'm hoping the DK mine ride goes indoors. They could do a lot more with that. And I think they could keep Kirby. I can't wait to see this land begin to rise. The drone pics will be spectacular!!!!

Reactions: Ashhanbre
It's just mind boggling that projects this large can be this unorganized. I get that everything isn't completely fleshed out and theres tons of detail work to be figured out. Hell I'm sure the actual ride systems aren't even really decided on. But hell, a construction manager?? Especially since its going to possibly involve moving to another country for a few years, that one should have been nailed down, on site, and in on everything before "groundbreaking". I would have a conniption fit if I was part of a project where we didn't have plans, approvals, and know who we were using for pretty much everything before the first piece of equipment hit the site. I think if I was in on one of these deals, I'd need a truckload of valium. lol

As someone who works on large projects no this isn't out of control or unorganized.

Something that I am finding interesting, with E3, is that they are going to bring Yoshi to popularity. Which, will actually hopefully help Universal as Super Nintendo World will be bringing Yoshi and his characters to a theme park setting.

The same could be said, if Donkey Kong recieves a new title for the Switch in the next year, but who knows at this point.

Either way, bringing characters like Yoshi, and Donkey Kong to full-fledged Switch Titles may bring them a bit more in popularity, and that it will be relevant for Super Nintendo World's themed areas.

Reactions: GadgetGuru