Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Where did you hear this?

No offense but you're adding more confusion. I know we all know it in our hearts as OU and change is hard, but it's also true.
Without any decinitive info, I'm going to say Pokémon and Zelda will be part of Park 3...but that's a gut feeling

I have no reason to believe we will not get the Yoshi attraction
I thought Yoshi was in :shrug:

I've got things confused here and I was just too excited to post that gif. Ignore it., I have zero inside knowledge.

Yoshi is back in.

ezgif-3-94ed3a04be.gif

Heh, I'll just do IU then so it's no problem. It's not hard, I just did it that way IU (OU) because I thought it would be less confusing to people who have been reading, but not posting, for some time...:).......Maybe, you guys need to start welcoming new members. It would be a nice courtesy. :thumbsup::)

???

We do our best to make newcomers welcome. Let's not get petty here. Thank you.

I feel like Pokémon needs to be in the new park. It needs a large area for a safari ride with AA Pokémon which should be large.

Pokemon and Zelda has more potential on new grounds, and not doing a demo of Lost Continent or a portion of Toon Lagoon.

I'd bet that they will save those as headlining IP's for Gate IV.

I know the merger has been a bit of an adjustment for everyone, but we've been merged long enough now that we all (that have been members) should know that this is IU now. I know that you have been a supporter of the forums for a long time, but please stop referring to them as OU when welcoming new members.

No ill will, just don't want to confuse anyone, especially new members.

Heh, I'll just do IU then so it's no problem. It's not hard, I just did it that way IU (OU) because I thought it would be less confusing to people who have been reading, but not posting, for some time...:).......Maybe, you guys need to start welcoming new members. It would be a nice courtesy. :thumbsup::)

I think the pettiness started in the first quote.

To be honest id like OU back, it was a happier and more tolerant place :( not sure what's changed but it has.

Is Pokemon's rights an issue at this point in time, though? I seem to recall some discussions concerning licensing issues, but I can't remember the exact problems. Also, isn't there some problems with that building where they can't use it on a regular (except special events) basis due to some structural issues.
There are no structural issues. That's not a thing.

Without any decinitive info, I'm going to say Pokémon and Zelda will be part of Park 3...but that's a gut feeling

I have no reason to believe we will not get the Yoshi attraction
Yes, I agree with your feeling on both points. If I was betting, I'd think the odds would

Last edited:
I think the pettiness started in the first quote.

To be honest id like OU back, it was a happier and more tolerant place :( not sure what's changed but it has.

Nothing has changed except the name. For some reason, because there is change, people have gotten into defensive stances.

Regardless if we were OU, IU, Universal-FTW, whatever... that Volcano Bay thread was going to go down the way it did.

USH People thought we were gonna ignore USH - that hasn't happened.

UO People thought they were gonna have to see topics about Hollywood (the horror!) and it's been pretty even keel.

The only people making it a problem are the people that seem to think there is a problem.

Since interactivity is the thing now, it'd be cool to have a Pokemon Snap dark ride.
zero-one.jpg

In the game the vehicle basically teleports to different environments or regions to gather data. Perfect way to get up close to a bunch of different pokemon. Hope you're listening Universal...

I wonder if Zelda was taken out after Breath of the Wild got a lot of great ratings and apparently sold a lot of copies or if that was too recent of a thing to have mattered.

I don't know if anyone already mentioned it but after looking at the art unofficially released on twitter; it doesn't seem like the layout of the track for Mario Kart shown from the straight down aerial view that shows the whole Nintendo area has large differences compared to the layout of the track shown on the 3d diagram picture of Mario Kart that shows karts on the track and was also unofficially released on twitter. Also the 3d diagram pictures doesn't seem like it would have areas on the track that are large enough for karts to cross in front of each other repeatedly like the straight down aerial drawing seems to have.

Going by just the 3d diagram pictures of the ride, I wouldn't' be surprised if guests don't see many other characters besides Mario and Bowser while guests are on the track. My guess for the idea of that drawing is that Peach is kidnapped by Bowser and Mario goes to save her and we come along with Mario for some reason. Maybe Mario makes a bet to race Bowser and get Peach back if he wins and do something else if he loses. We would follow along behind them for some reason as they race. Bowser would have a warp pipe in his castle that would take us to a place and then we would go through another pipe to another place and so on until eventually we go through a pipe to get back to Bowser's castle. Bowser and Mario would have already crossed the finish line by the time we get to the finish line. Bowser's and Mario's karts that were in front of us for the race would have pulled in to some hidden area that we don't get to see to get into a loading position to do another race, but when get to the finishing line we would see Mario's kart empty and a Mario animatronic going towards a Peach animatronic. Maybe there would be a kart with Bowser in it that's crashed into a wall or just in some area past the finishing line that we would pass by after crossing the finish line.

The kart with Wario in it seen in unofficial art posted on twitter would be a kart we don't actually see at the finishing line, but rather just at one point on Rainbow Road as it goes in front of us and then zooms off ahead of us to not be seen by us again. It would be on a loop that goes in a circle and pauses until the right moment for the next group of riders. It would be hidden by scenery when guests go past it on the track. The reason we would happen to see him on the track is that he happened to be riding Rainbow Road when we went through a pipe to get to Rainbow Road or he was just hanging out with Bowser and decided to ride the track in his catle through a series of pipes. The Wario animatronic would have a similar body layout as Mario's kart animatronic and look behind him while driving just like the Mario kart animatronic so it saves money to have almost the same thing as Mario and might make it easier to fix problems with it if it's the same as the other Mario kart animatronics.

Two tracks become one track then closer to the end four tracks then back to two before coming into the station. .

I don't see soemthing that I think is four tracks. Where are you talking about more specifically? I see a place on the straight down aerial view and on the 3d picture where the track seems to split in to two smaller tracks running close to parallel to each other. On the 3d diagram it's part of rainbow road that guests also ride underneath when they are on part of the track that looks like red carpeting.

Last edited: