Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It has? Where? I've never heard anyone say Mario Kart was going to be a screen based attraction
There were some patents online that alluded to a projected 360 tunnel, I thought it was posted here but maybe not...Not to be that guy, but my focus has been widely on VB as of late, therefore I am not as privy to Nintendo info as I should be

More pictures that are seemingly concept art for Nintendo attractions unofficially released on twitter a few days ago in case there were people that are unaware.

2.) I would imagine that for the area itself, walkaround characters will most likely be as large as they typically are.

You have to suspend your disbelief a bit, and I even joke about it in a sense, with "Mega Pikachu" as my favorite of the names I call.

In the preview video for USJ, Mario is about half as tall as many of the adults in the video. If a cast member is wearing a suit the close to the size of an average adult like one seen at the groundbreaking ceremony, an explanation could be that Mario is about the size as he is in the preview video without taking a growth mushroom and the size of the suit character after taking a growth mushroom. I guess they could even have huge Marios in parade floats or as giant animatronics or marionettes for something and have the explanation be that Mario is that size after taking one of those super growth mushrooms like seen in the recent 'New Super Mario Bros' games. That could even be used as the explanation for a of characters even Pokemon if they allowed crossovers of things to occur in the parks.

In the preview video for USJ, Mario is about half as tall as many of the adults in the video. If a cast member is wearing a suit the close to the size of an average adult like one seen at the groundbreaking ceremony, an explanation could be that Mario is about the size as he is in the preview video without taking a growth mushroom and the size of the suit character after taking a growth mushroom. I guess they could even have huge Marios in parade floats or as giant animatronics or marionettes for something and have the explanation be that Mario is that size after taking one of those super growth mushrooms like seen in the recent 'New Super Mario Bros' games. That could even be used as the explanation for a of characters even Pokemon if they allowed crossovers of things to occur in the parks.
I assumed as soon as we enter the land we are Mario's height

A few times on here it's been mentioned that Yoshi might be an omnimover style ride. Does anyone know where that rumor comes from? And if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that make it the first time Universal has done an omnimover?

A few times on here it's been mentioned that Yoshi might be an omnimover style ride. Does anyone know where that rumor comes from? And if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't that make it the first time Universal has done an omnimover?

That's what we were told it was. Dunno if that's still the case, but it's also seemingly the only ride without a patent, meaning it might not be a brand new ride system. And yea, would be Uni's first of the system

I think this is what Universal has really been missing. If it's a good ride that can eat crowds, it's going to be a massive win for the resort.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I actually hate the idea of using an omnimover (it's 2017, let's build something new/exciting), but it's a relatively inexpensive ride system and could help ensure we get the ride

I actually hate the idea of using an omnimover (it's 2017, let's build something new/exciting), but it's a relatively inexpensive ride system and could help ensure we get the ride
As much as I'd like the bullet bill ride in the original pitch art, something with the capacity of Pteranodon Flyers just isn't the best approach. I can see Yoshi as a potential fix to an issue like that.

EDIT: Plus, I'm thinking the other two attractions may be the big draws in our Nintendo World, and Yoshi may be something specifically for smaller kids (and kids at heart like me!)

I don't mind the idea as I think there's plenty of room for improvement. Every version of one now feels dated because it is. If a modern version is to exist with plenty of physical sets, Nintendo is the perfect IP for it.

Reactions: E.Gadd