Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because they're really known for working out the kinks before they open things to the public...?

My theory is that Japan will not let most of the recent issues happen as a matter of cultural pride and then the operation will be carbon copied with a few cut corners here in the states.

Virtual Queue won't work in Japan. You guys were complaining about the waits here for Volcano bay, Osaka waits without express can get up to 600 minutes for some things (has happened multiple times). They would have to virtual queue the entire land and not just the area.

Reactions: Mike S
I think we could see an opportunity for high brow merch with future properties Oh, and Pokemon would see exclusive or interactive merch fly off the shelves as well.
Until they make a deal with the Pokemon Company I'm pretty certain they're not allowed to do anything like that because they're the licensors.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that's the case.

Reactions: E.Gadd
I get that high end merchandise brings in the profits with selling less items, but there is something to be said for items that move big numbers because more folks can afford the price point.

This trip, I only went in the studios for a brief while (outside of VB) and I was a little shocked that I saw multiple vendors at the Turnpike rest area selling 'fidget' spinners...but I did not notice anything at UNI...I mean, they own Dream Works animation, they have minions, but they have not jumped on the spinner craze?

Hmm.. I wonder what the other reason they might have to push this to 2021 in FL. It wouldn't be to coincide with WDW's 50th, would it?

Nah, not part of the rationale. Just other stuff to get done first, and Orlando's will probably take a little more time than the others.

Repurposed Nuthouse Coaster with "Yoshi" trains.

(Just kidding. I hope.)

No, thankfully. Yoshi is apparently a pretty standard dark ride.

Reactions: Ryan and Joel
I get that high end merchandise brings in the profits with selling less items, but there is something to be said for items that move big numbers because more folks can afford the price point.

This trip, I only went in the studios for a brief while (outside of VB) and I was a little shocked that I saw multiple vendors at the Turnpike rest area selling 'fidget' spinners...but I did not notice anything at UNI...I mean, they own Dream Works animation, they have minions, but they have not jumped on the spinner craze?
I get your point, but for the love of whatever you believe in, please never sell spinners in the parks. Besides it being a horrible waste of money, it's a craze that will be done in a few weeks. If universal bought inventory they would have a bunch left over after.

makes the DC replacement needed even more to balance out the parks
Makes good business sense. :thumbsup:...and a one two punch of new Potter & Nintendo will be enough to nullify the effect of SWL on Universal. If anything, these three (Potter, Star Wars, Nintendo) in tandem, will flood Orlando with new tourists, which I'm sure both Disney & Universal will be happy to divy up.

Reactions: Cheezbat and Joel
Are we still thinking Mario Kart (confirmed of course,) Donkey Kong mine coaster, and Yoshi family dark ride for the initial land? It looks like from concept art that we have entrances to Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, and a Yoshi's Island-type hill entrance. (Plus, stores etc on a second level.)

Where does Donkey Kong fit into that? Is Peach's Castle the Mario Kart entrance? Is Bowser's Castle for Donkey Kong, or something else? Thoughts? Discuss.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Are we still thinking Mario Kart (confirmed of course,) Donkey Kong mine coaster, and Yoshi family dark ride for the initial land? It looks like from concept art that we have entrances to Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, and a Yoshi's Island-type hill entrance. (Plus, stores etc on a second level.)

Where does Donkey Kong fit into that? Is Peach's Castle the Mario Kart entrance? Is Bowser's Castle for Donkey Kong, or something else? Thoughts? Discuss.

That's concept art for Osaka.

Reactions: Ryan
That's concept art for Osaka.
I realize that. I assumed that we'd get the same things they would.

Will there be differences (other than us maybe not getting Yoshi, as was discussed over the last few months?)

Everything I've heard sounds like ours will be like theirs (only maybe slightly less good.)

Reactions: Ashhanbre

I think that when the concept art first came out, is that the Bowser Castle is for the Mario Kart Ride. I think Peach's castle could perhaps be a restaurant.

Reactions: Alicia
I realize that. I assumed that we'd get the same things they would.

Will there be differences (other than us maybe not getting Yoshi, as was discussed over the last few months?)

Everything I've heard sounds like ours will be like theirs (only maybe slightly less good.)

Orlandos will be better than Osaka and Hollywood's. Nothing cut back and one more attraction.