Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I'm almost getting a Pteranodon Flyers vibe from Yoshi... Capacity-wise, not ride system style.

Of course, not nearly as bad as that example, but probably a ride that is more popular than it can handle, so will garner long lines.

And it looks like one adult and one kid per RV to me... So if no kids in your party, just one adult will be riding by themselves much of the time on this ride.

Honestly, I'm almost getting a Pteranodon Flyers vibe from Yoshi... Capacity-wise, not ride system style.

Of course, not nearly as bad as that example, but probably a ride that is more popular than it can handle, so will garner long lines.

And it looks like one adult and one kid per RV to me... So if no kids in your party, just one adult will be riding by themselves much of the time on this ride.

I'd be surprised if they weren't build for double occupancy...BUT this ride was also originally only planned for Tokyo, so it may be built for double Japanese occupancy. It'll be interesting to see the final build.

I don't think Yoshi's capacity will be very good. The yoshis may end up farther apart than say Haunted Mansion cars, even with an omnimover style load.

I do imagine crowds will be pretty evenly split between MK and DK though. DK might impress us.
I was under the impression that after load, the vehicles would space out a bit.

I believe these will move quite a bit quicker than the HM RVs.

I was under the impression that after load, the vehicles would space out a bit.
Yea, kinda giving everyone their own private tour of the Mushroom Kingdom... The spacing and 1 or 2 per RV is what has me concerned about capacity... But maybe 10 feet apart won't be too bad. The load platform will be circular and always moving like Spaceship Earth or People Mover, so hopefully will be quick to load/unload and keep capacity up.

We all worried about Hogwarts Express capacity and it ended up being the fastest lines for a Potter ride of all so this'll probably work out fine.

Yea, kinda giving everyone their own private tour of the Mushroom Kingdom... The spacing and 1 or 2 per RV is what has me concerned about capacity... But maybe 10 feet apart won't be too bad. The load platform will be circular and always moving like Spaceship Earth or People Mover, so hopefully will be quick to load/unload and keep capacity up.

We all worried about Hogwarts Express capacity and it ended up being the fastest lines for a Potter ride of all so this'll probably work out fine.
Like Bluto's only completely different :thumbsup:

Reactions: Alicia
I don't think Yoshi's capacity will be very good. The yoshis may end up farther apart than say Haunted Mansion cars, even with an omnimover style load.

I do imagine crowds will be pretty evenly split between MK and DK though. DK might impress us.
I'd like to be impressed by DK, but if the older concept art holds mostly true (aka mainly outdoors, no show scenes) I have a feeling it will fall a little flat in comparison!

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I'm feeling more and more like DK will be the thrilling one, MK will be the showstopper, and Yoshi will be the dark ride we've always needed in Studios

Reactions: Mike S
I'm feeling more and more like DK will be the thrilling one, MK will be the showstopper, and Yoshi will be the dark ride we've always needed in Studios
Don't think I would classify Yoshi as a fully fledged dark ride... It may have dark ride elements. But this may end up more Seuss Trolley than ET Adventure... if you catch my drift.

Don't think I would classify Yoshi as a fully fledged dark ride... It may have dark ride elements. But this may end up more Seuss Trolley than ET Adventure... if you catch my drift.

Has something changed in the scope of this attraction as far as you know? Back when Yoshi was rumored to be taking over E.T., several people here were of the opinion that it was nothing less than a gigantic upgrade over E.T., and fully worth losing that ride to get it.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Has something changed in the scope of this attraction as far as you know? Back when Yoshi was rumored to be taking over E.T., several people here were of the opinion that it was nothing less than a gigantic upgrade over E.T., and fully worth losing that ride to get it.
I was not privy to such prior plans. That may have been early on (or even just speculation on our part.)

Reactions: belloq87
My dream is that it's a PeopleMover-esque think that overlooks the land AS WELL AS a decently lengthy dark ride with large, colorful show scenes, and an overall ride time of around 9-10 minutes. I acknowledge that it's incredibly unlikely, but it'd be such a perfect change of pace.