Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 407 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm having flashbacks to when they were building the Tangled toilets at MK and the internets reaction :lmao::lmao:

I don't know exactly but the idea that UC didn't know how popular Nintendo would be after announcement or after they break ground in USJ is INSANE.

They had ZERO clue it would be this popular. Just as they had ZERO clue a Harry Potter land would create lines out the front gate. To assume anyone KNOWS how much traction something will garner is what's INSANE here.

You need proof? Look at the original plans for this land. It had everything: Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pokemon. Oops, now HALF of that lineup is missing! Clearly when this idea was being fleshed out they had never once thought about putting Nintendo into multiple parks. Which is pretty much the definition of them NOT KNOWING HOW POPULAR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WOULD BE.

Honestly...

Reactions: tankart150
They had ZERO clue it would be this popular. Just as they had ZERO clue a Harry Potter land would create lines out the front gate. To assume anyone KNOWS how much traction something will garner is what's INSANE here.

You need proof? Look at the original plans for this land. It had everything: Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pokemon. Oops, now HALF of that lineup is missing! Clearly when this idea was being fleshed out they had never once thought about putting Nintendo into multiple parks. Which is pretty much the definition of them NOT KNOWING HOW POPULAR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WOULD BE.

Honestly...

Wasn't that just a pitch though? Something to win Nintendo over, not necessarily final plans.

Honestly...

UC put all it's egg's in a basket in the original pitch, to show Nintendo with confidence that they could be able to not only put a huge amount of effort in Nintendo, but that they want to diversify.

Mario Kart and Donkey Kong have been seeming to be locked in for the first batch of Nintendo at UOR for a long while, and there are patents to prove it. But that IP's like Zelda/Pokemon have more potential in spin-off lands that can offer variety for the resort in general.

Nintendo, is Universal's next Harry Potter, hell; on a bigger scale, when you consider the huge success of Nintendo this year in general. And that Universal is taking the right call, and not having everything in one land or one park.

And to be honest, if you place an entire theme park on Nintendo, it will alienate the audience's Universal want's to achieve.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog

Honestly...

“The original plans” were never the original plans. They were a pitch. That’s your first misunderstanding

Is he at least right with the placements?

Not necessarily. It was a demonstration of the thought process that was based on various rumors. Last I heard, Toon Lagoon was still up in the air but DreamWorks is the frontrunner in this exact moment in time. (It's had every IP on the planet attached to it at some point so who knows what the final one will be, but DWA makes the most sense as they can theme the rides to different movies and plop a character show into the theater. They NEED to get that merch into the shops!) With Toon Lagoon tied up, the only other possible location for a Nintendo franchise in IOA would be Lost Continent. Zelda seems like the obvious choice, as the area is a bit small for something as major as Pokemon (and a bit large for something as not-major as Kirby).

Unlike some, I don't treat every idea crossing the minds of Universal Creative as carved in stone. I've said before: until they break ground ANYTHING CAN CHANGE.

Not necessarily. It was a demonstration of the thought process that was based on various rumors. Last I heard, Toon Lagoon was still up in the air but DreamWorks is the frontrunner in this exact moment in time. (It's had every IP on the planet attached to it at some point so who knows what the final one will be, but DWA makes the most sense as they can theme the rides to different movies and plop a character show into the theater. They NEED to get that merch into the shops!) With Toon Lagoon tied up, the only other possible location for a Nintendo franchise in IOA would be Lost Continent. Zelda seems like the obvious choice, as the area is a bit small for something as major as Pokemon (and a bit large for something as not-major as Kirby).

Unlike some, I don't treat every idea crossing the minds of Universal Creative as carved in stone. I've said before: until they break ground ANYTHING CAN CHANGE.
tenor.gif