Nope Studio Tour Attraction | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In JPland21’s most recent video you can see a pig has been added to the roof of the Sheriff’s office, a body has been added to the outside of the Sheriff’s office (it’s head covered with a black bag), sheep have been added to the little corral/stable, and the other body has now been hidden from sight by a green tarp. Overall, things seem to be progressing nicely, and at a quick pace too! Do you think the set is a recreation, or is screen-used?

In JPland21’s most recent video you can see a pig has been added to the roof of the Sheriff’s office, a body has been added to the outside of the Sheriff’s office (it’s head covered with a black bag), sheep have been added to the little corral/stable, and the other body has now been hidden from sight by a green tarp. Overall, things seem to be progressing nicely, and at a quick pace too! Do you think the set is a recreation, or is screen-used?

I wonder if this rumored Nope attraction could have animatronics in it? Nothing sophisticated since we're outdoors but more similar to the Dinosaur animated figures already on the studio tour or something like the moving figures on Big Thunder Mountain or Calico Rapids at Knott's.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Didn't realize they were actual sets disassembled from the actual movie and rebuilt for the attraction!
Well I mean, I kinda expected them to be since the backlot is made up of real sets lol

But don't worry, in a few years they'll be faded & dirt covered to fit right into Six Points Texas

I wonder how they'll integrate effects if they just transplanted the set, unless they're reusing the same practical effects they used in the film.

Somewhat related:

Maybe they reuse the T2 motorcycles lol.

Methinks based on the wording in the announcement focusing heavily on the screen used element and the term "ride past", that this will be more in line with War of the Worlds than a full on Earthquake or Kong. Maybe some lights, a little narration/video from Jordan Peele, but I am holding my breath on an effects element until it opens.

This is a great addition to the tour. I hope they have a video that focuses on the making of the movie. I am glad they did not do something stupid like fast and furious and they are back to the good ol’ fashion basics of the studio tour!

Methinks based on the wording in the announcement focusing heavily on the screen used element and the term "ride past", that this will be more in line with War of the Worlds than a full on Earthquake or Kong. Maybe some lights, a little narration/video from Jordan Peele, but I am holding my breath on an effects element until it opens.
I'm expecting some static props/figures and hopefully some smoke effects and a welcome video from Steven Yuen in character as Ricky 'Jupe' Park.
I understand that this won't be anything too crazy, but if it's just some drive-by of fog effects and lighting, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Reactions: JS610
I have to imagine there will be some surprise that alludes to the untoward elements hiding beneath the town's pleasant facade. Remember, we saw a horse stripped raw. Otherwise, why wait to open the sets until the movie comes out? They're clearly concerned about spoiling something.

Loving the addition of the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men. Guessing we will see these deflate at some point during our tour of Jupiter’s Claim. Likely the bloody props might be the spoilers, and not the effects themselves. I always try to go in with lessened expectations, that way if it’s a War of the Worlds type experience I won’t be disappointed, but if it ends up being more of a show than that I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if during the day its more just visiting the set....then at night (which is HHN, Christmas and summer their most bust times) they have more effects and its much more impressive....just a thought