Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand people want to be positive about this show, and it has some decent moments, but I don't understand the praise it's getting.

Obi-Wan purposefully allowing Vader to live makes him directly responsible for any future atrocities. On Mustaphar, I understand why he didn't kill him. For this round, he's absolutely sure there's nothing of his friend left and the dialogue reflects as such. And yet, he walks away knowing that this will cause pain and suffering for millions, if not billions. We know Obi-Wan has no trouble killing for the greater good (Grievous, among others), so this makes no sense. Even if you enjoy everything else about the show, this is a troubling precedent.
Wouldve been much more interesting finish to see Obi-Wan slash him up to the point he thinks he has killed him. That way he has done what he thinks is the best for the greater good, but obviously Vader lives unknowing to Ben.

I liked this episode more than more the others and agree it’s not logical
when I saw Anikin face, it was like seeing a child playing villain

I think obi wan stopped him then just to save the others but thinks the future should stop the empire not him. Not saying it makes sense but that’s kinda the lesson of the show, so this he thinks everything will work out fine which it does at the cost of a planet and thousand of more rebels dying

I liked this episode more than more the others and agree it’s not logical
when I saw Anikin face, it was like seeing a child playing villain

I think obi wan stopped him then just to save the others but thinks the future should stop the empire not him. Not saying it makes sense but that’s kinda the lesson of the show, so this he thinks everything will work out fine which it does at the cost of a planet and thousand of more rebels dying
I'm surprised you didn't like that part as don't you like the animated shows? Wasn't there a scene between Ahsoka/Vader in Rebels that was almost that exact fight down to slicing his helmet open to be able to see Anakin's face[/spoiler]?

A complete mess but the superior first and last episodes kind of show the first draft of what the movie might have been.

I reiterate, Leia is a 6 y.o. playing a 10 y.o. and it just doesn't work. This episode drove home Reva is a 30-something playing a 16 y.o., and that also took me out of the finale. As with Leia, I think a talented actress who looks high-school age may have made that face turn work better. But outside MacGregor, there wasn't a lot of solid acting going on anywhere on this show, so who knows.

The split-helmet finale plays almost as a joke with the contrast between Hayden and James Earl Jones' voices. Takes the most intimidating villain in movie history and turns him into the Wizard of Oz.

I'm far from a continuity nerd, but the first episode felt like they were at least trying. That fell apart. Impossible to reconcile A New Hope with this finale.

As others have sad, clunky editing, dicey F/X. Maybe this could've flown in the 90s if they'd done it instead of the prequels, but we just expect more out of our TV shows these days.

I'm surprised you didn't like that part as don't you like the animated shows? Wasn't there a scene between Ahsoka/Vader in Rebels that was almost that exact fight down to slicing his helmet open to be able to see Anakin's face[/spoiler]?
Wait, I love clone wars and Rebels

bad batch is well made but not in love with it yet but no I mostly love Star Wars animated and really excited for the Tales of the Jedi show this fall

and yes the fight had a kinda similar thing happen but emotional they were different fights.
ben seemed sorry still but Ashoka would have killed Vader if she could have and was pulled through time by Ezra

IGN posted that this series was pitched as a 3 movie special

God, do I wish we got those instead of what ever the hell this series became

Reactions: belloq87
If nothing else, a 2-hour version of the story would have probably been much better than the padded-out 4.5-hour version we got.
Agreed

I think young leia worked but we didn't need her past the first vader fight and Reva....like she had a different story in mind when they created her then changed her into something that makes little to no sense

I don't understand how one person can do allllllllllllll this within a year. I might check out this version and see if it holds up better then the show

Reactions: belloq87