"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lots of things. Lack of barge, the type of cover Amity had being more like the old tour boats. Also notice that patch of grass behind the horror make up show's pantages facade would eventually be the plot of T2 3D.

Which barge would that be? I should really know this :lol:

The Gas Dock and the electrical barge as the last two scenes of the current version of the attraction. Originally was the turntable scene where the gas line is and the shark blowing up where the electrical barge now is. You are looking at the original version there.

Reactions: ChiefBrody
The Gas Dock and the electrical barge as the last two scenes of the current version of the attraction. Originally was the turntable scene where the gas line is and the shark blowing up where the electrical barge now is. You are looking at the original version there.
I thought that had to be it, feel a little stupid now considering how much time I've invested in becoming fanatical about it :lol: Thanks for clearing it up :rep:

Awesome find! I never rode Kongfrontation, so it's awesome seeing those photos.:rep:

kong was the best ride ever in the history of dark rides. and my favorite ride at universal. i guess ill go with disaster/earthquake as my favorite now. because it reminds me of what universal once was. they have gotten rid of so much stuff. the older rides have their own smells. such as jaws, et, disaster. and kong even. they have personalities. that current rides dont have.

check out this press video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIkueq4_Qg

In 2004, i was on Nick Splat. The game show they had! I was on the Yellow team and my team won, and got the 3 cannons of smile blasted at us :) Its was really fun... and before the show we walked around the back area and they took us to the costume room and there were like Rows, and Rows, of outfits racks high! I kinda feel lucky cause that was the last thing ever filmed in the nickelodeon studio
2ihm62s.jpg

I went to Universal many times as a kid, and probably have a treasure trove of old school pics. To be honest, I really dislike Universal now as it has almost no nostaliga factor anymore. My favorite rides, Kong, Hanna Barbara, Hitchcock, Back to the Future, The Nick Studio tour..are all gone. I can't believe ET is still there. I did like the Mummy, but the park just isn't what I remember anymore. Kinda sad.

I was at the Halloween Horror nights where you got to walk under the Kong attraction, I think that was the last time I enjoyed going to that park.