"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, first post here :) Some of you may know me from WDW forums, but for various reasons I'm drawn more and more to Uni-IoA.

Anyway, I was lucky to visit USF in summer 1990 with a video camera, and a few years back I produced this edit. I hope it's of interest to some of you http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=442

Great to have you over here Marni! Man...lots of Magic making its way over here!

Love the 90's stuff! (Gosh I wish I could go back to USF circa 1994)

860966_10151315122067852_1985595279_o.jpg

A picture of the USF grand opening, from the Universal Facebook.

I loved this post on their facebook today. My first visit was March of 1992 and then I moved here a year later. I knew I had to come to Universal to ride BttF. It was all over the travel channel (i think) at the time about the new ground breaking technology and it being the next big thing in theme park rides. The other thing I like about that old school picture is seeing the old Hard Rock. I remember doing gift certificate trade outs with the Hard Rock and they would always have me come in the service entrance and I was able to see the offices on the bottom level and I was so amazed with what was going on down there while it was business as usual upstairs.

When looking at that photo, It is amazing how the designers were able to get a vision for the site. I mean......I would never be able to imagine coming up with how the resort looks now with that existing footprint.

that was ontop of that building Before?!?

It was a "trick photo" op like whats over in front of the Make Up show theater, basically a miniature of the shuttle hung from trusses, & when photographed from the right angle made it look like the shuttle was on top of the buiding.

& I know, it fooled me too the very 1st time I have seen one of these photos....