"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I miss it, the new future for this land is bright. Look at how much land that ride took up.
I'm thinking the same will be said about MIB if and when it comes down.. that ride space can really fit a lot of great things instead of just one good thing. of course as always IMO

I think I found a remain of Extreme Ghostbusters: The Great Fright Way. If you walk up to the fake facade of the library and go up the stairs you will see circles with numbers painted in the middle of them, this might of been to mark where the actors stand.

Reactions: Skubersky
why does everyone think theyre replacing MIB? I keep hearing about it, but I see no reason why it should go anywhere

I brought it up months ago because their was blue sky project pitches utilizing that space, FFL, and part of the empty lot next to MIB. Stuff we wouldn't see for years...

I've heard maybe a popular tv show or a popular video game shooting attraction might be replacing MIB, very low chances tho.

I found a Flickr album(not mine) with a few old Universal pictures.
Heres they are:

Bates Motel
3356141692_b9a4d4a482.jpg

Old Hard Rock Cafe
3355323399_fc23bc44d8.jpg

Rocky and Bullwinkle, 1993
3355324141_9e2073c472.jpg

Universal in 1993
3355323915_589c2062fd.jpg

Ghostbusters in 1993
3355322515_0f641a3e1c.jpg

The rest can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bispham2/sets/72157614204906281/?page=2

WOW! This brought back so many memories

This thread is awesome.....

All very interesting stuff........ I'm so bummed I never got to see the Bates house or the Hitchcock exhibit. Psycho is my favorite film ever.

I REALLY miss the Hitchcock exhibit. You'd first go into a pre-show theater to watch a 3D montage of Hitchcock classics...the "Birds" ripping through the screen was a nice finish. Then you'd go into another larger theater where they'd show the how-tos of making famous Psycho scenes in the vein of The Horror Make-Up Show. A guest would volunteer to be "Norman" if I remember right. Very cool mock-ups of the Bates Motel set.

Last edited:
I recently found a cool resource for aerial imagery and have been putting together simple little time lapse videos showing the development of various Florida theme parks.

Here's one of Universal Orlando from 1984-2013:

[video=youtube;uOBde2WTmrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOBde2WTmrE[/video]

Kinda cool to see it develop over the years.

Reactions: Felipe
Very cool time lapse video. Amazing to see how much they've done in a relatively short time span.

General question, why is the IOA lagoon so neon green?

Very cool time lapse video. Amazing to see how much they've done in a relatively short time span.

General question, why is the IOA lagoon so neon green?

I'm guessing it's due to the water only being about six feet deep- you can kinda use the level of neon-greeniness to see relatively how deep the various bodies of water are in the resort...

Really enjoyed watching that, the intro is cool. Thanks for posting and o look forward to part two.:thumbs:

Next time you to to USF go up to the dark room facade in Hollywood, you could tell that there used to be some sort of attraction in there. I think it was a photo place