Other Universal Studios Theme Parks | Inside Universal Forums

Other Universal Studios Theme Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
Slightly off topic (and perhaps we should start a forum for this in the future), but has anyone gone to any other Universal park besides the one in Hollywood?

For me, I've checked off Japan, Florida and Singapore. Here's hoping they don't build one in Russia.

What about you?

Nope, only USH. I really would like to visit all the other Universal theme parks really bad! And I'm only curious about the proposed Moscow Universal park because A. It'll be indoors, curious what that'd be like. And B. I'm Russian, so I'm curious what the rides will sound like haha

The Florida versions seem like boasting a "new and improved" atmosphere, and while that has it's merits... it's just not the same.
Yep. I don't mean to crude, but it's almost like 'we' got stuck with the defective teddy bear. But it's our defective teddy bear, if that makes sense. I can think of some other analogies, but I think they'd come out wrong if I attempted to type them out. But the meaning is there.

Having the latest and greatest is good, but it feels almost wrong to have. I do like our park as it stands, and I think it'd be wrong if they reworked everything to match that of Florida, Japan and Singapore.

For those who have been to the other parks, what was your favorite experience/ride there or in general what did you like/didn't like?
Boy, I could answer this in paragraphs, but I'll try to sum it up:

Florida: The only 'authentic' Universal theme park. This is what Universal Studios Hollywood was supposed to be. In the end, it seems to be a toss-up of Universal properties mixed in with a few others (like Singapore and Japan), and it feels too much like a theme park.

Japan: The 'ideal' Universal theme park - building proudly upon the Universal brand by taking theming to the next level. This is what Universal Studios Florida was supposed to be given an ideal budget.

Singapore: The Universal theme park of the 21st century. Think of this park as if Hollywood and Japan hooked up with Islands of Adventure as a step-brother. But it feels alienated. Not very Universal-like at times.

I would love to be able to compare Halloween Horror Nights at Orlando and Hollywood. I hear Orlando is a much larger scale, like most things at the park.
Iv'e heard from friends and others that went to Orlando HHN, that although there are more things to do at Horror Nights, Hollywood had more detail in the mazes and better makeup FX on the scare actors :)

I went to HHN in Orlando last year.  The mazes, I think were just as impressive as ours, but our Bill and Ted's is far superior. HHN Orlando's themeing for the whole event kicks HHN Hollywoods butt. They had a maze dedicated to the classic Universal Monsters and the whole maze was done in black and white.  It was pretty cool and not on the gory side. 

The mazes, I think were just as impressive as ours, but our Bill and Ted's is far superior.
Funny how that worked out. I do know that Orlando's crowd is much more enthusiastic about their show than Californians are about ours. Either way, our production is hard to beat.

I live 20 minutes away from universal Fl and visit about once every other month and I've been to universal Hollywood numerous times as well

For those who have been to the other parks, what was your favorite experience/ride there or in general what did you like/didn't like?
I prefered T23D in USF above USH, because the one in USF was open and the on in USH was closed :p

No seriously. I'd liked the mummy in USF above USH's.

I didn't see Jurassic Park in Island of Adventure, but I'd like the one in Hollywood. I think the one if USH also has my prefered choice (when I compare it with youtube videos of USF) because:

- USH features the car dropping down instead of a crate (USF).

- the T-Rex makes an extra appearance during the "climb" in USH.

- the T-Rex has a better final appearance (more menacing) in USH then the on in USF.

I liked MIB in USF and missed this attraction in USH.

Waterworld was nice in USh but didn't feel as special so I didn't miss that in USF.