Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what they meant by the POTC comparison was in terms of sets. It will likely be similar to LWTL in terms of scope, but the sets/immersive feel of the attraction will be similar to POTC.

I just hope the main attractions don't turn into another 7 Dwarfs type disaster. If so it won't be worth going to until more like 2018 or 2019. Unless you just want to go for a walk that is.

(Can't find the picture) but judging from what you say it could be That or something similar to transformers build a perimeter wall sunken into the ground to dewater and improve stability possibly I would have to see the picture though

(Can't find the picture) but judging from what you say it could be That or something similar to transformers build a perimeter wall sunken into the ground to dewater and improve stability possibly I would have to see the picture though

I couldn't find them on 'magic' either but I saw them here: http://damouse.com/2014/02/19/pando...y-avatar-begins-lengthy-construction-journey/ You can't see the ground in the shots though, only the top of the crane boom over the trees and what looks like (to me at least) a pile driver attachment hanging from its cable.

Reactions: Doug A.
Do you REALLY think that it will open before the end of the decade?:look:

I think with them breaking ground now it will be completed before the end of 2017. Now could that be December of 2017, of course and it could only be a part of it. But something will be open and complete by end of 2017. Disney doesn't miss their target years after breaking ground.

I am terrified of Avatar land, for how much money and how ambitious the entire thing is ESPECIALLY with James Cameron on their back. If Disney fails this we are in for a nightmare. I hope for the best for Disney but from what I'm seeing so far....woof

I am terrified of Avatar land, for how much money and how ambitious the entire thing is ESPECIALLY with James Cameron on their back. If Disney fails this we are in for a nightmare. I hope for the best for Disney but from what I'm seeing so far....woof
just curious what are you seeing so far?

When Disney chooses to be ambitious people are scared. When Disney doesn't build or create anything revolutionary, like mermaid, people are upset. :bonk:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.