Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all talk about the night show for a second, it's kind of overlooked. Are we getting a redesigned tree of life? Will it be avatar themed? Will it basically be a projection show?

Can we all talk about the night show for a second, it's kind of overlooked. Are we getting a redesigned tree of life? Will it be avatar themed? Will it basically be a projection show?
i m about a 100% sure it will not be avatar themed..i also dont think the TOL will be redesigned just going to be able to project on it now

i m about a 100% sure it will not be avatar themed..i also dont think the TOL will be redesigned just going to be able to project on it now
The tree certainly looks different in the concept, how you would project it though with all the carved animals? It could look like a projection on a mattress, all bumpy and weird

I would think they would use the same hi tech projectors they use on the castle. I don't see why not they can project on TOL.
The castle is white and flat so it's kinda perfect for projections, same with small world in Disneyland. I'm sure Disney will think of something to make the tree of life easier to project onto. Hell they made the tower of terror look amazing with projections in Paris. You know what would be cool though? If they focused more on the leaves of the tree of life making them change colors with new tech or lighting and then add minimal projections to the tree itself. Now THAT would be amazing. Just wish I knew a theme that would fit into a animal kingdom show. I don't know if a world of color show would work

Time to revive this thread. As said on the podcast, many rumors are coming from insiders that the boat ride might get cancelled due to budget cuts. Thoughts?

is is really "Avatar land" if there is only one ride? LAME.
Dude 6 years for a beautiful land and a 3D motion simulator....let that sink in for a second. No matter how good the land will look (it WILL look good) without any experiences it'll be worthless. Imagine if diagon opened with just the hogwarts express. Yes it has awesome theming and adds a fun ride but it's missing something big. I'm very afraid this land will be style over substance

Dude 6 years for a beautiful land and a 3D motion simulator....let that sink in for a second. No matter how good the land will look (it WILL look good) without any experiences it'll be worthless. Imagine if diagon opened with just the hogwarts express. Yes it has awesome theming and adds a fun ride but it's missing something big. I'm very afraid this land will be style over substance

james Cameron just talked about two rides a month ago and when Disney did their whats next a couple weeks ago they showed the boat ride

james Cameron just talked about two rides a month ago and when Disney did their whats next a couple weeks ago they showed the boat ride
This is just a rumor from someone on another board (atleast I hope it's a rumor) you never know though, remember all of those things announced for new fantasy land in the first press release? Only like 30% of that actually came to be and the other stuff was added very quickly. Things can change very quickly especially with the other projects going around at AK that need funding too

That is Disney's business model

I'm hearing from reliable sources the boat ride is far form a definite.
Well, so much for that..Cut altogether or going through a massive budget slashing?

Moved to "Phase 2" of the Pandora Project.
Considering Spirit was originally saying something along the lines of "shelved until they can do it right", is this possibly a situation where Disney wanted to cut the budget on the ride and Cameron didn't want to approve that, so the best alternative to "do it right" is to push it to phase two?

Obviously I have no sources, but that's how it sounds to me.

Considering Spirit was originally saying something along the lines of "shelved until they can do it right", is this possibly a situation where Disney wanted to cut the budget on the ride and Cameron didn't want to approve that, so the best alternative to "do it right" is to push it to phase two?

That sounds about right knowing Cameron. Man I can't take this phase s*** again because it SUCKS. It's strange too because it's kinda like the opposite of new fantasyland. Big ride first (soarin over pandora) then a boat ride to finish it off two years after the first came out in 2019?!? I'll be done with college by then holy crap!!! Disney get your act together forreal

There are so many things shelved for later that never happen (Beastly Kingdom)...So shelved until further notice may mean shelved for good..

There are so many things shelved for later that never happen (Beastly Kingdom)...So shelved until further notice may mean shelved for good..
I understand that, but the way everything is being talked about it sounds like this is a problem of Disney not wanting to go all out on the ride and Cameron isn't having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.