Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just rewatched the movie (and my mom finally i had a reason to watch) and I actually really like it. I don't think the story was horrible at all. It was impressive and moving and entertaining. It's not my favorite movies but I really enjoyed it. Now I'm even more excited for this, and I can't wait for the flouresent plants at night, now that AK is extending their hours.

Okay, I may have jumped the gun a little on that last part, but it's going to happen. It has to! :'(

So I just rewatched the movie (and my mom finally i had a reason to watch) and I actually really like it. I don't think the story was horrible at all. It was impressive and moving and entertaining. It's not my favorite movies but I really enjoyed it. Now I'm even more excited for this, and I can't wait for the flouresent plants at night, now that AK is extending their hours.

Okay, I may have jumped the gun a little on that last part, but it's going to happen. It has to! :'(

The story was simplistic, and wasn't really the problem with the film.

The script was terrible, terrible trash. That was the problem.

Still, it will be a cool theme park area.

The story was simplistic, and wasn't really the problem with the film.

The script was terrible, terrible trash. That was the problem.

Still, it will be a cool theme park area.

And this is all that matters.

Yes, story was not the problem. You can tell the same story over and over and over, but if you don't tell it well, that's when it becomes a problem. But, that won't matter too much in a theme park attraction.

Depending on the location, I think this could be cheaper than Radiator Springs. They put that right in the middle of an already built theme park. It's probably gonna be cheaper to clear the land in AK rather then tear down everything in DCA. Look at the massive scenery and rock work they constructed. That single ride might have the same footprint of this Avatar land. I think it's just generally gonna be harder to waste money in this situation. Especially when they're playing with Cameron's toys. But yeah I know, they can find a way....

They didn't have to tear down anything in DCA. Radiator Springs Racers sits on what used to be the remnants of the front parking lot.
20110412_03_DCA_Overlay.jpg

Cars Land is located on half of what use to be Tink and all of Sleepy.

Hoping this'll turn out a lot of interactive stuff. I can see some ikran experience (Ollivanders anyone?), a lot of area "attractions", one dark ride (praying that this will be something to compete with Spiderman, or at least be something similar to kong :pray: ) a rainforest cafe esque restuarant (albeit an immersive Pandora environment), and I can already see a market for those spinning lizard type things. Can't see much other merch coming out of this. It doesn't have a lot of stuff in the story to sell unless Disney and Cameron collaborate to make things. Maybe some plush creatures from the first and second movies. Can't wait to see how they create those environments...

I can see them selling plush toys of the various creatures in the movie, Na'vi dolls (there were rumors of Tonner making some), loads of t-shirts and hats, but besides that...

Status
Not open for further replies.