Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is that a little insider info....d23 is looking more and more interesting

I really am not an insider at all. Just something I heard. But like I said, could just be wishful thinking and really just another one of the many rumors going around with this project.

- - - Updated - - -

If so I fully expect it to open in 2021 :pound:

It will be phase 15 of the project :lol:

This is why I honestly think Avatar, an already announced expansion, will be the most intriguing thing to hear about at the D23 Expo. There's so much we don't know and so many ways they could possibly go. Beyond that, this is big for the company too. they've sat back two years developing this project, knowing people are very down on the project. This is their chance to finally win people over and wow fans.

Its is the only way, Uni are really showing the way at the minute and they dont look like holding back anytime soon either. If this does indeed go ahead Disney have to go big and show they are still in the game, hell they been planning this thing for how long! Lets hope for a big announcement at D23.
To be fair, they are actually fast tracking R&D on this project, meaning the design phase is moving along much quicker than usual (For Disney at least). For some projects (like FLE, ST 2.0, new soarin' film, Monsters inc Coaster, etc), these projects can be in the R&D phase for a good 5-10 years and STILL not get green lit, as is evidence with the MI coaster.

This project is very unique in that it was announced before a good majority even knew it was happening. That pretty much never happens. No work had started on the project at all at the time of the announcement beside maybe a few concept pitches for Cameron of what they envisioned for the land. It was always going to take awhile before we got an announcement on what the land would entail.

Status
Not open for further replies.