Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar Photos, Videos, & Reviews

Hey guys I need a little advice. I'm going to be in Orlando a few days mid August. I plan on visiting DAK and ride FOP. I'm a Universal guy and really do not visit Disney much. What strategy should I employ when visiting DAK. How do I go about getting FastPass? Should I try to ride early or late? I'm staying at Portofino so Disney extra hours does not apply. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys I need a little advice. I'm going to be in Orlando a few days mid August. I plan on visiting DAK and ride FOP. I'm a Universal guy and really do not visit Disney much. What strategy should I employ when visiting DAK. How do I go about getting FastPass? Should I try to ride early or late? I'm staying at Portofino so Disney extra hours does not apply. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Get there at opening is the best thing I can tell you. Getting a FastPass at this juncture is almost impossible and since you can't do EMH, going early is going to be your best shot.

Get there at opening is the best thing I can tell you. Getting a FastPass at this juncture is almost impossible and since you can't do EMH, going early is going to be your best shot.
I was able to get a single FastPass day of. Gotta refresh every 15 minutes for a couple hours and they start showing up. Got 1 for 1:20 pm at 10:30 am last Friday.

I know a few people were able to get day of passes for parties of two as well, but more than that makes it harder.

But yea, get there before park open and go straight to the ride for best shot.

I was able to get a single FastPass day of. Gotta refresh every 15 minutes for a couple hours and they start showing up. Got 1 for 1:20 pm at 10:30 am last Friday.

I know a few people were able to get day of passes for parties of two as well, but more than that makes it harder.

Gonna echo this. I was able to get a same day Fastpass today just be continuously checking. It was for a party of two and if I didn't get the one I did, it looked like 2-3 more opened up through out the day when I was trying to modify mine sooner.

Thank You Guys! I will get there at opening. My wife and 3 kids will not like be thrilled about that but they will survive. Universal has spoiled all of us! lmao

One other thing about the land is, I was completely lost at times. Really didn't know where the rides were and sure as heck didn't know where the exit to the land was.

One other thing about the land is, I was completely lost at times. Really didn't know where the rides were and sure as heck didn't know where the exit to the land was.
The attractions not having signs at the entrances probably has a lot to do with that.

The attractions not having signs at the entrances probably has a lot to do with that.
Yeah after eating at the Canteen, very good BTW, we were walking around and just randomly found FOP. Was like, that's the signage? I guess it fits the theme of the land, but still.

Yeah after eating at the Canteen, very good BTW, we were walking around and just randomly found FOP. Was like, that's the signage? I guess it fits the theme of the land, but still.
You can usually tell by the wait time signs. Who needs ride names?

I think if anyone disagrees that FJ and Spider-Man are better it's almost pure lunacy, but I do think there's a case to be made that FoP is better than ToT and at least on par with Gringotts.
Imo, Tower of Terror and Spider-Man are the two best rides in Orlando. FJ comes below, and I haven't ridden FoP enough for me to judge where I'd rank it.

My friend an i have been able to get 5 fast passes for FoP just refreshing. The system must underbook in case there is downtime and if things are running smoothly must release more throughout the day. The fastpass line is always empty and at most 10-20 people from what I have seen.

I have gotten lucky snagging some late in the evening the night before. Like 10-midnightish.

I'll be honest... I've never understood the hype surrounding Gringotts. The 3D doesn't feel effective, and after the initial surprise drop the ride consists of slowly trundling from room to room while being yelled at by minor characters. I mean, you come to a complete stop six times during the ride.

There are no significant practical effects to speak of, so the ride becomes a motion simulator on a rollercoaster track. I know that's oversimplifying it, but it feels like it tries to be Mummy and Spider-Man at the same time, without ever really reaching the heights of either.

I'll be honest... I've never understood the hype surrounding Gringotts. The 3D doesn't feel effective, and after the initial surprise drop the ride consists of slowly trundling from room to room while being yelled at by minor characters. I mean, you come to a complete stop six times during the ride.

There are no significant practical effects to speak of, so the ride becomes a motion simulator on a rollercoaster track. I know that's oversimplifying it, but it feels like it tries to be Mummy and Spider-Man at the same time, without ever really reaching the heights of either.
Understand completely. IMO I just can't place FOP above it because it's just a single screen simulator. I'll have to ride it more to see if it grows on me, but it was a good ride, but I wasn't blown away.

Understand completely. IMO I just can't place FOP above it because it's just a single screen simulator. I'll have to ride it more to see if it grows on me, but it was a good ride, but I wasn't blown away.
FoP tops it for me because it uses the motion simulator system more effectively than anything I've ever been on. It's easily better than Gringotts because I come off of Gringotts underwhelmed, wheareas I come off of FoP thoroughly overwhelmed. On the other hand, that's why I struggle to put FoP, Tower, and Spider-Man in any sort of order, because they all do their jobs better than anything else that uses their ride system. Anything further than that would be personal preference (for example, Spider-Man tops Tower for a friend of mine who doesn't generally care for drop rides).

THIS.

I visited the park yesterday with someone who hasn't been to Pandora and he said he got teary eyed at one point during FOP. He described it as perfection. The wait was about two hours.

Found this cool 360 video. I watched the lady to his side and her faces are priceless.

Last edited:
The wait for Flight of Passage this morning was 240 minutes. And just so everyone is aware, this is not a virtual line so... grab the pitchforks.

As I've said before and I'll stick to this after finally listening to the Disney Quarterly call. Expect Pandora to have a larger impact on Q3 and Q4 over LY.