Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Parking at Hotels

May 27, 2016
I understand that you can get a parking validation if you eat at the premium restaurants at the hotels. I just booked the Luau at the RP, and was told I get no parking credit because I'm staying at the hotel. That doesn't seem fair!

Does anybody have any insight on this? AdvTHANKSance!

If you are only going to be parking during the luau, I can see why you could say it wasn't fair. However, if you are going to be parking for your entire stay then it is perfectly fair.

Yeah, thanks guys. These comments and some others over at "the other site" make sense and give me new perspective. I'm just going to bite the bullet.

The think that's hanging me up is, if someone comes in just to enjoy the hotel, or meet someone to hang out, they pay $20 for no matter what length they stay. But if they eat somewhere, they can park all day and not pay for parking.

I was there in January to check out the resort, and the parking attendants were very nice trying to help me work out the various scenarios. We were there early in the day, and wanted to check out Citywalk, and maybe walk to the Hard Rock Hotel, ride the boats, and leave well before park closing in the evening. They were suggesting all different scenarios. It was fun to see them discuss among themselves and come up with different ideas.

In the end, the best idea was to self-park at RP, and either eat lunch then take the boat to CW, or take the boat first and come back and have dinner at RP later. Either way, I would be allowed to self-park there all day for free.

It turned out for other reasons we parked at the parking deck instead, but the idea had merit, and the point was if you eat at the hotel you can park from dawn to midnight for free.

Yeah, thanks guys. These comments and some others over at "the other site" make sense and give me new perspective. I'm just going to bite the bullet.

The think that's hanging me up is, if someone comes in just to enjoy the hotel, or meet someone to hang out, they pay $20 for no matter what length they stay. But if they eat somewhere, they can park all day and not pay for parking.

I was there in January to check out the resort, and the parking attendants were very nice trying to help me work out the various scenarios. We were there early in the day, and wanted to check out Citywalk, and maybe walk to the Hard Rock Hotel, ride the boats, and leave well before park closing in the evening. They were suggesting all different scenarios. It was fun to see them discuss among themselves and come up with different ideas.

In the end, the best idea was to self-park at RP, and either eat lunch then take the boat to CW, or take the boat first and come back and have dinner at RP later. Either way, I would be allowed to self-park there all day for free.

It turned out for other reasons we parked at the parking deck instead, but the idea had merit, and the point was if you eat at the hotel you can park from dawn to midnight for free.

Technically that is a cheat. If you are eating there you are supposed to leave when you are done or not park all day then dine. I know it is done but......

Technically that is a cheat. If you are eating there you are supposed to leave when you are done or not park all day then dine. I know it is done but......
It's funny that we're having slightly different discussions on the same topic on "the two sites"! LOL.

Anyway, it's not really a cheat. Even thought Lowe's is separate from UO, they're all partnered up, and I'm sure they are happy to have you stay there all day and go over to CW and spend more money.

Anyway, even if you take away the restaurant factor, Lowe's is happy to let you enter the hotel parking early in the morning, and leave late in the evening, and still pay the same amount as if you stayed 1 hour, and it doesn't matter whether you are a hotel guest or not or patronize anything at the hotel. And that's not a cheat.

Besides, in my discussion with the parking attendants, they were very open about it. I even asked if that was legit to do, and they said, yes, absolutely, it's all legit and above board.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about getting a restaurant validation not paying for a day of parking at the hotel. That would be fine but it is more expensive than parking in the garage except at CBBR and they don't do day parking

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about getting a restaurant validation not paying for a day of parking at the hotel. That would be fine but it is more expensive than parking in the garage except at CBBR and they don't do day parking
So, yes and no. I was just complaining about the unfairness of the situation. Two guests: one a hotel resident, and one not. They both eat at a premium restaurant at the hotel. The one who is not a hotel resident gets a parking discount, the hotel resident does not. I understand that the difference is the hotel resident parks overnight, but still I think hotel residents should get a parking discount if they eat at the premium restaurant at their hotel. That's all.